Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illinois Sectional - 2011

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place is rumored to be Polo, IL. Time/Date, MD unknown.

Edited because I might not have heard correctly. Will try to get the information as soon as it is available. PM sent to JT.

Edited by furyalecto

I spoke with Tuna at the last Il Section match. I said we would take it if he didn't want to do it. He said he wasn't sure if we could have it at Polo because, technically, we are not in the Il section, but the Northern Il section. He was going to check the bylaws for the Il section and get back to me. I never heard anything back from him, so I was under the impression he wanted to either keep the match, or that the bylaws would not allow the match to be held at Polo.

In the mean time I spoke with the Prez of Polo and he said he was not opposed to it, but his time may be limited with work. I will not take it on without a lot of help from Il section clubs. Also, there is the fact that we are really late to the party at this point. Most people already have their shooting schedule locked in by now. We would have to do it late in the year, either just before the nats or some time after them.

I would consider doing it if I can get Oconomowoc, Pine Tree, Schultz, NISA, Oak Park and anyone else interested to commit to designing setting up and manning a stage or two. Without those commitments I have no interest in taking it on at this late date.

There would be no, or very limited prize table/awards... come pay your $50-75 and shoot. My thought would be 10 stages. WE would not be able to afford to put people up in hotels for this one.

If you are with any of the Clubs mentioned contact me soonest. I need to make a decision quickly on whether or not we will take it on. I won't have this thing half assed, I rather pass and do it next year depending on whether we do A5 or not.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Thanks for responding. Sounds like communications breakdown.

My apologies to everyone involved. I didn't mean to hang any laundry in the forum.

I hope you can do it. You put on one heckova show.

I understand about the time. You already said you were swamped.

I wish it was brought to light earlier.

Please let Tuna (& me if you like) know if you can't do it.

• 2 months later...

Any news?

The Northern Area Coord spoke with Tuna and said he would do it. I said that would be fine with me as I thought it was really to late too do it right. Also, that most people had already allocated their resources.

At that point I stepped back and haven't heard anything about it since. You guys know as much as I do... Like I said, I would have done it, but nobody got back to me on it and I was unaware that someone else had said they would take it...

JT

Edited by JThompson

• 2 months later...

From Ray Hirst:

To all,

With no other club stepping forward to do a Illinois Sectional Eric Griggs and I have decided we will do a real simple one day match at PASA Park. The cost will only be $25 for 9 stages, 200 plus rounds. There will be no prize table, no plaques, etc. There will only be good fun stages to shoot. Please forward this note and registration sheet to your email lists.

It's not required that you pre register but it would guarantee you a spot.

You can simply show up the morning October 16th and register and take your chances that we don't fill the match. We will squad up and go shooting as soon as possible after we get everyone registered as noted on registration sheet.

We will need 18 RO's to work the stages October 16th. The RO's will shoot the match for free on Saturday October 15th. At $25 entry fee we can't pay for a room for anyone. Please contact Eric Griggs or myself about working the match. I will be out of pocket and off this email starting 4:30pm October 2nd until October 26th so contacting Eric would be a better idea if you're using email.

Hope you can make it.

Thanks

Ray Hirst

I attached a copy of registration...

ILLINOIS SECTIONAL 2011.doc

Edited by JThompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this back up, for fresh eyes.

Some of the posts here (and thread title) say 2012.. This is happening Oct 16, 2011, correct ?

Yes, that was a typo on my part (fixed the title) as I was cleaning up the thread title.

Just a few weeks out. ... 2011