Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ford F150 Lariat

RangerTrace

I've never owned a Ford pick-up before, (always been a Chevy guy) but the new twin turbo V-6 Ecoboost engine got me really interested. So, after a few test drives, I traded by '07 3/4 ton Z71 for a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 with the new engine. This thing is a rocketship compared to any truck I've ever owned with 365 HP and 400+ fp or torque. The interior, stereo and the ride really made the trade easy. Oh and the 21+ mpg on the highway is what really put me over the edge.

Anybody else tried one?

I get to play with all the new Ford vehicles, and the F150 with the eco boost and the new 5.0 are indeed verrrryyyyy quick! I drive a Tundra 5.7, and the F150 5.0 is just about dead even with it in terms of acceleration, but feels lighter. very fun to drive, and the fuel economy is there on them, the eco boost. the 5.0 seems to get about average for a full size truck, on par with mine at 18+ hwy and 15.5 average driving in and out of town.

I had the opportunity to let several members of my family who drive older F150s drive my truck this afternoon. They were all "jaw-dropping" surprised at how the V6 performed. I truly believe that this pick-up would out accelerate my wife's BMW Z4 to 100 mph :sight:

And forget the engine....the interior is amazingly comfortable.

I generally dont drag race my pickup, So most of the tests I read about dont apply to me, Have you hooked it up to a load ? I pull horses with my standard cab short bed 5.4 liter high output. I am a conservative driver and get 18mpg empty and 15 towing. I see you cant get the turbo V6 in a standard cab shortbed. Seems a shame an XL or STX 4X4 shortbed standard cab would be pretty dang sporty.

Hopefully my 2007 will hold up long enough for some diesels to come out. Or for some long term 100,000 mile plus data comes in on the ecoboost and towing performance. I just havnt gotton away from the hard fast rule when it comes to weight.

"There's no replacement for displacement"

I had the opportunity to let several members of my family who drive older F150s drive my truck this afternoon. They were all "jaw-dropping" surprised at how the V6 performed. I truly believe that this pick-up would out accelerate my wife's BMW Z4 to 100 mph :sight:

And forget the engine....the interior is amazingly comfortable.

I recently went from a 2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition to a 2009 F150 Lariat Super Crew. Wish I had gone the big money to the Eco Boost newer model but I still prefer used. The interior is more comfortable, the gas mileage is better than the Expedition and the ride was even better. Only thing I am unhappy with is the towing mirrors are too wide so I will be changing them.

Good luck with your new Ford. I like mine :D

I just took delivery of my new 2011 F250 Super Duty 6.2L 4x4 on Friday and I've been studying my gas milage indicators and it is...ugh...well...I've seen better. :roflol: I'm interested to see how it will actually work out once I start driving it like normal. I do like the fact that it is huge (I have to jump to get in to it) and looks bad-ass! Well, as bad-ass as a commercial grade pick-up can look. B)

We also bought two 2011 F150 6.2L 4x4 last week. I haven't recieved the fuel card print outs for them yet... :unsure:

I just took delivery of my new 2011 F250 Super Duty 6.2L 4x4 on Friday and I've been studying my gas milage indicators and it is...ugh...well...I've seen better. :roflol: I'm interested to see how it will actually work out once I start driving it like normal. I do like the fact that it is huge (I have to jump to get in to it) and looks bad-ass! Well, as bad-ass as a commercial grade pick-up can look. B)

We also bought two 2011 F150 6.2L 4x4 last week. I haven't recieved the fuel card print outs for them yet... :unsure:

please keep us posted, this is probably the direction I will be going. What mileage is the 250 getting ?

please keep us posted, this is probably the direction I will be going. What mileage is the 250 getting ?

+1 I am curious to see how it compares to the '06 6.0L Superduty FX4. Curently we are getting about 16-18 unladen with no mods and CA blend fuel.

I drove a loaded and leathered out f150 4x4 ecoboost v6 last week and it was a very nice truck. Power and preformace is a bit behind my 6.2 Raptor but not by a whole bunch, its far above the 5.4s. If they can deliver on the fuel ecomony they will sell a bunch of them.----------Larry

man, i'm reading this thread and watching gas inch its way back towards $4/gallon -- can't wait for the "Mr. Fusion" powerplant from back to the future (tho I've got kids so will need an SUV or extended cab 4x4 instead of a delorean):roflol:

+1 I am curious to see how it compares to the '06 6.0L Superduty FX4. Curently we are getting about 16-18 unladen with no mods and CA blend fuel.

I drove from Ann Arbor, MI to Winchester, KY the other day and got 11.4 MPG. I was hauling 400 pounds of gear with an ARE cap on the back and driving around 72 MPH on highways the entire way.