Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow production holster

Spin Control

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need a duty style hoslter that covers most of the firearm the DAA PDR is pretty nice. Otherwise I like the H&S CW5 (not the CW6 which I hate). very easy to use, positive locking. does not mark the gun at all. nice and light on belt too. The DAA race master is also fantastic but more $$$. for mag pouches I also love the CR speed versa pouches. very nice pouch.

Ghost stinger is great for me. My only complaint is that it could offer more clearance for the front sight. Mine dragged a bit until I worked on the holster with a file. I don't think a HAJO sight would fit since they look a bit taller but its possible that Ghost has made changes to the design since I got the model.

However, TJ took a look at my Ghost holster a few months ago and observed that he didn't like where the hanger connected to the holster because it got in the way of his normal grip on a draw.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got one and I cut the screws and spacers down to get it to under 2" on me. It is not a big deal to do. I like a higher gun and I also drilled a few new holes on the belt mount to raise it up.

Next stop my 5198 with the USPSA kit from Safariland just so I have covered all the bases.

With all the talk about the 2" holster rule, how is the Shadow in the Ghost Stinger? Is there any problem making the closer than 2"?

The Stinger is good to go. I checked mine and I am right at 2 without having to cant it in or otherwise modify. I have a Blade Tech DOH as well but prefer the Ghost given its better range of adjustability and the way it contacts your body below the belt. It feels much more secure than having everything hanging completely from the belt like the DOH.