Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FLat triggers Poll

mshotwell

I like the feel and shoot better with flat, I like the smaller contact area. The flat trigger is more forgiving if you get bad grip and trigger finger lands high/low I still get better pull. It's probably mostly in my head but I notice it when I go to my work guns Glock, shield, LCP.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replaced a short flat trigger with the short curved insert. I can get more contact area with the short curved. I'll see if it makes a difference at the range tomorrow.

Mike

All my life I've used the curved. Recently acquired a 1911 with a flat trigger. Seems a lot of hype about nothing to me. I suppose if your technique is less than perfect some might have the perception the flat is better. I think it looks funny to have a flat trigger, so with no performance difference I can detect I would choose curved if I have the choice.

Thanks to this thread I took the opportunity to check out flat triggers. I wasn't expecting to like it, but within minutes had one on order. It should be ready to go Saturday or Monday. I chose the Caspian Trik trigger as the design is similar to what I had, but a touch longer due to the flat center section and it doesn't look so, well, flat :)

p_168000036_1.jpg

Edited by StraightSh00ter

• 1 month later...

I have tiny little burger king hands. So I need short triggers. I tried a 10-8 flat trigger and loved it. The flat trigger seems to promote proper finger placement and a consistent pull straight to the rear for me. So I put 10-8's on all my 1911's.

Then I bought a P16........

I wanted a flat trigger on my Para P16. Guncrafter makes the only one for a Para, its a looooong one.

What the heck, i bought one anyway and put it in. Lots of problems for me. I short stroked that trigger a lot in two matches.

Took the trigger out, filed and ground it down for my diminutive hands and fingers. It works great now. Still flat. But now right for me.

Love the flat trigger.

Dave