Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FLat triggers Poll

mshotwell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would breath new life into this poll, as I have changed from curved to flat. Has anybody else made the change?

After I tried a flat in my 2011 I went flat in my 1911 and AR too. Bolt gun and shotguns are still curved, but for game guns I only want flat...

I get my shooting hand really high on the gun where my finger is actually at the very top of the shoe. Makes hinge triggers heavy, but on a nice flat 2011 trigger its perfect.

Couple of things that come to mind... first why did STI stop offering the flat trigger for the single stacks? They offer it in the wide body model. Second, why do flat triggers all come solid? In an effort to reduce weight and for looks, why are solid triggers not offered with the same 3 hole pattern as the curved triggers?????

was it because they were first offered as a tactical add-on?

• 4 months later...

I have SV short trigger on my limited gun, I find on quick shots I shoot low and left. Maybe I need and extra short trigger if they made one. So I will probably try the short curved to see if that helps. That being said. On my 10mm Dan Wesson and rock island I have flat triggers and they feel great.

I have SV short trigger on my limited gun, I find on quick shots I shoot low and left. Maybe I need and extra short trigger if they made one. So I will probably try the short curved to see if that helps. That being said. On my 10mm Dan Wesson and rock island I have flat triggers and they feel great.

SV has an extra short insert now.

I like mine curved. Tried flat on my Caspian .38 Super mainly because the "Trik" trigger was the only one available to fit the Caspian Hi-Cap frame. Didn't like it. Yeah, it felt the same no matter where my finger was on it but that was part of what I didn't like. I want a consistent grip every time, which includes where my finger is on the trigger. With a flat trigger I can't feel that I'm off a little. With a curved trigger I can. So I went to a lot of trouble to get an aluminum curved trigger shoe and swapped the trik trigger shoe out for the curved one. It feels much more consistent now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just switched to svi trigger with long straight insert. Ive been using the STI long curved plastic one for years but always found my is at a weird angle when manipulating the trigger. Decided to push the trigger out as far away from the grip as I can now. I still use curved on AR and everything else.