Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FLat triggers Poll

mshotwell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: I use either a short flat or a short curved, so I voted for other. The shortness of the trigger helped me more than the shape of the trigger. You may want to try a short curved first and then get a gunsmith trigger so you can play with it. Thanks, Eric

old gun has a flat. current gun has a standard curved (only bc i havent taken the time to fit a new flat one in there yet). so i voted for flat. I tried it towards the end of last year and really like the feel of it as opposed to a standard trigger.

my finger is rounded, my trigger is curved. I have tried flat triggers and they feel good, but when I draw my finger could be high on the trigger,low on the trigger, or just right. with a curved trigger it goes right where it needs to be, and I have better trigger control. JMHO, I know everyone is different

I like the flat triggers. But like the last poster said, everyone is different.

I feel that the curved triggers 'make' my finger go to a different place than my finger wants to go. Probably just due to the shape of my hands and fingers. For me, that places extra strain on my bullet delivery system, so I go with the flat trigger.

I'd suggest that you try to find friends who have similar guns, but different triggers, and give each a try. Slow fire, rapid fire, etc. that way you will know what works best for you.

Flat trigger, on every gun I can possibly put them on. Epoxy putty, a file, and skate tape make them dead flat if they were already close.

They are square to the direction of travel. On a 1911/2011, you already have the best trigger system: travels 100% straight line front-to-back. A short curved travel like the CZ75/Tanfoglio is a close 2nd, if the travel is short. Flat trigger helps them even more.

Squaring the face of the trigger up/down and side/side just puts all your physical inputs in line with the design of the gun. No force goes to the right, left, up, or down. Not with any leverage anyhow.

I saw a Production gun once, a CZ SP01, with a flat trigger. Small challenge on the first shot, but the checkering was so sharp your finger didn't slip off. Better mousetrap, there should be more of those out there.

I use the short flat SV inserts. At first it felt weird when I was going from production to limited guns. I quickly got used to it because it just feels more crisp. There's less contact between my finger and the trigger. It's just personal preference. As said before, with the SV triggers, you can try all shapes and sizes and the inserts don't cost that much. You can easily sell the ones you decide not to use. If I order or custom build any STI's in the future, I will have the gunsmith fit trigger cut down short & flat. (I plan to sick with the STI polymer grips vs the metal SV grips.)

• 5 weeks later...

Curved trigger for me. I found that my finger did not engage the trigger in the same spot each time on a flat trigger, and I ended up with inconsistent shots. With a medium curved trigger, I'm be getting more consistent finger placement and more consistent shots.

Medium length curvular.

Videcki and 10-8 flat triggers for me. Love them. Only 1911 I own with a curved is my longslide because daughter likes it the way it is.

Nothing wrong with curved though.