Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Optics per Ruger 22.45 and Steel Challenge ...

Stefano

I am going to get a Ruger 22.45 for Steel Challenge matches and I wonder what's the best optic I can add on it.

The "classic" C-more seems to me too much "big" for a gun like the 22.45 and also too much high on the barrel ...

At the moment the Leupold Delta Point looks to me one of the best, but every input / suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

I am going to get a Ruger 22.45 for Steel Challenge matches and I wonder what's the best optic I can add on it.

The "classic" C-more seems to me too much "big" for a gun like the 22.45 and also too much high on the barrel ...

At the moment the Leupold Delta Point looks to me one of the best, but every input / suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

I like the cmore, due to the weight of the scope. The scope is the same as my open gun. So nothing is really chaning except the gun. Grip angle everything is the same, so I can use it as an economical practice gun as well. Plus they support the shooting sports, so that's really enough for me. I like to give back to sponsors when I can.

good luck

Sean

I have a C-More on my Buckmark. I am very happy with it. I did go with the lowest mount I could find - it came from Shooters Connecrion & I believe they make them for Rugers as well.

I picked up an Aimpoint that Midway had on sale in January for $300. I believe it was the R-1. It is compact and would do well on top of a pistol.

I have tried several of the cheaper dot sights, and was not pleased. I found that the dot just wasn't bright enough for shooting white plates in the mid day sun.

I also tried the Docter, but was not really happy with that, thought the brightness was much better.

Eventually, I ended up with a CMore, and I am very pleased with that one.

Hello: We are using a standard C-More with a 12 MOA dot module. We are also using a Alchin mount to get the C-More lower. My 12 year old son is using it as well. I also have a J Point with the 8 MOA dot that we are going to try once the mount gets here from Shooters Connection. It will go on the Browning Buckmark first to try it. It is nice to use the same scope as you use on your open pistol for Steel Challenge :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

C More 8moa with the Alchin mount keeps it as low as possible on the gun. For the trigger, clark 517 bushing and Volquesen sear are a huge difference. If your buying a new one, pay the extra and get the Removable pannel one.

If you alaredy have one, there is also a guy on rimfire central that will mod the grips on a mill to take 1911 mags for like 40bucks with the bushings screws and shipping included

Edited by EkuJustice

• 2 weeks later...

Use a red dot that you can change the dot size. 10 MOA dot is a great size in my opinion. I use a Aimpoint Comp XD 10 MOA. Can't buy or find these anymore. Likewise, a Tasco PDP5 which has 4 dot sizes to chose from by rotating the dot size knob. These are also very hard to find. The C-More is your best option because you can buy different size dot modules. The key is find a dot size that you are comfortable with. Small dots are hard to find when speed shooting and when it is very bright.