Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited holster for 2011

9mmalpha

I just got my new 2011 edge / 5 inch/ im looking to buy appropriate holster for limited, any recommendation please... I heard the ghost seems a good one/ how about the cr speed or the new double alpha? any input is appreciated..

I am currently using a CR Speed holster for Limited and Open. The gun does rattle around a little but it will not come out of the holster if you have it locked. I have used a Ghost on the past and considering going back to it so I can use one holster for both guns. I don't have any experience with the Double Alpha but have heard good things about it. I have a few friends that use them and think they are the best they have ever used.

race holster will eventually put your gun in the dirt, or if locked will give you an unexpected power wedgie, and offer littel to no advantage over a holster like the Bladetech DOH, with much better retention and protection.

I've used a Safariland and 1st Generation Limcat (with the pin) for Limited.

I'm using the DAA now (and belt) and I really like it. My guns required a little fitting for the trigger guard insert but nothing major.

Search the forum for "racemaster". There's quite a bit of fairly recent feedback on this one.

race holster will eventually put your gun in the dirt, or if locked will give you an unexpected power wedgie, and offer little to no advantage over a holster like the Bladetech DOH, with much better retention and protection.

I'm selling my limited rig if you're interested. I have a red Safariland 011 holster and 5 black 771 mag holders with red speed knobs. Everything new would cost $250, but I'm selling everything for $125 and $5.00 shipping. They are all in great shape. If you think you might be interested, send me your email address and I'll send you a photo.

dapribek@roadrunner.com

used to use a CR Speed and recently switched to a DAA Racemaster for my STI limited and open guns. Once you have some dryfire practice in and get used to the holster's operation, the gun wont come out. If you put the lock on, you'll give yourself a nice wedgie and rip your pants before the gun will come out. The holster is fast. The RM was pricey but worth it

I recently switched from a B-T DOH holster to one of Center of Mass' new 3-Gun/Limited holsters for my STI Eagle. I've only used the holster in three matches so far, but I really like it.

The holster is comprised of a kydex scabbard with a dropped-offset feature that is adjustable for a variety of cants and height. The holster belt attachment is a simple 1.5" slot (fits CR Speed belts) that has an extension to which the scabbard is mounted via a spacer block (I think it is delrin) that provides the off-set. At the lowest setting the holster position the heel of the gun at the top of the belt (to meet USPSA requirements). Rick put a wingnut-type screw for the top tension adjuster so it is adjustable by hand -crank it down while you're RO-ing or resetting the stage, and lighten it up with a quarter or half-turn when you make-ready. The holster is pretty well thought out, and has all the hallmarks or Rick's usual quality and workmanship.

I don't believe COM has updated their website to show this new holster or some of his other products, but from what I understand there are pics on his Facebook page, or I can post some if interested.

Edited by 2MoreChains