Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my first CZ

OpenDot

2011-03-16_10-13-40_460.jpg

Got me a New Shadow this morning. Can't wait to get it to the range tomorrow night.

I'm going against the rule with this one though, slapping a magwell on it and buying 2 more mags, then extended baseplates for all of them...this will be my Steel Gun.

Don't hate me... I hate reloading. :goof:

Edited by G17G4

Got me a New Shadow this morning. Can't wait to get it to the range tomorrow night.

I'm going against the rule with this one though, slapping a magwell on it and buying 2 more mags, then extended baseplates for all of them...this will be my Steel Gun.

Nice gun. Now you are going to have to do something about that username :rolleyes:

Nice gun. Now you are going to have to do something about that username :rolleyes:

Exactly...lol

You will love it! I have one and it is extremely accurate and not one problem what so ever. Its heavy so it soaks up alot of recoil.

Yeah i've been gone a while Gordy. I knew you loved yours, between a local guy here and the guys at the CZ Custom Shop I figure i'd try one out. I know this isn't like the Glocks at all, how do you do your draw dry fires?, or do you even do them with this one?

I did the drills a few times, I would either practice draws and fire or just sit on the couch and dry fire. The trigger is so nice that it makes the drills easy as well as using the gun in competition. Load up some 147 grain 130pf ammo and it shoots like a 22 mag lol.

I alos put grip tape all the way around the grip and that helped out a great deal. I bought some skate board tape and cut it to match the grip surface, back and front strap.

Edited by G34 CORDY

I did the drills a few times, I would either practice draws and fire or just sit on the couch and dry fire. The trigger is so nice that it makes the drills easy as well as using the gun in competition. Load up some 147 grain 130pf ammo and it shoots like a 22 mag lol.

I alos put grip tape all the way around the grip and that helped out a great deal. I bought some skate board tape and cut it to match the grip surface, back and front strap.

I already have 500 of these loads, they barely worked in my G34 but worked perfect for short range stuff out of my G17 Racer. First load I will try is my short range steel challenge loads....if it will cycle the slide back and hopefully have enough power to get the bullet down the pipe :surprise::roflol:

147gr zero

2.9gr titegroup

1.120 oal

.375 crimp

I do have a much hotter box i'm gonna try as well

124gr zero

5.3gr titegroup

1.139 oal

.380 crimp

the 124 load is a beast.. :devil:

Edited by G17G4

Congrats. I too came over from the darkside, I still like Glock's, but think I like being twice as accurate with half the effort a bunch more. I predict you may notice the same thing...

124gr zero

5.3gr titegroup

1.139 oal

.380 crimp

:surprise: i was loading zero 125's at 4.3 TG and getting upwards of 1100fps in my SP01. 5.3? That isn't a typo?

Congrats on the new gun BTW.

124gr zero

5.3gr titegroup

1.139 oal

.380 crimp

:surprise: i was loading zero 125's at 4.3 TG and getting upwards of 1100fps in my SP01. 5.3? That isn't a typo?

Congrats on the new gun BTW.

I'll check my load notes and the box tag when I get home tonight... I may have it confused with some grenade rounds I loaded for experimentation purposes lol

I've had a change of heart.... this season i think i'll work on my reloading skills and not do limited minor, i'm going production.

Just got back from CZ Customs and spent another $300.00 at the shop, damn sales tax!! :angry2: lol

3 more 18 round magazines (6 total now)

3 more CR pouches (6 total now)

new BT DOH Black Ice (was using a ghost holster with the glock)

and also picked up the new catalog for the shitter

I'm also going to place my order for a Czechmate next week when I get my bonus check from work.

Production load specs....I've never shot production.

What are the PF specs?

What do I need to look for?

What do you rec for what I have in stock?

147gr zero's

titegroup

Min PF is 125

I load 124 MG FMJ, 4.0 gr titegroup, at 1.12 OAL for a 130-135 ish PF