Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 limited gun

9mmalpha

Hi everyone,

I wish to invest my hard earned money to get a descent competition limited gun , something I can beat during practice and rely on during match.

I dont care about its look as long as it will give me the best posible performance. order time and budget also counts.. is it wise to just maybe buy the sti apeiro? or stock edge? 6 inch or 5 inch?

I would look at a Dawson Tuned Edge $2199 and on the website so may be ready to ship now.

Brazo's also has a Tuned Edge, not sure of his wait time.

Check the Classifieds here and on USPSA.org

Limited Guns, nice Limted guns are always showing up.

You could also check with Shooters Connection to see what they have in stock

While they are not 1911's don't forget EAA Witness Limiteds and CS Tactical Sports, also you could mod up an M&P, XDm, or Glock.

Para 16-40 are not that bad either from what I hear, although they need a bit of tuning to run .40S&W well since the Para Power Extractor is garbage.

What you really need to do is to fondle as many as you can, before you spend your hard earned cash. What works well for one guy, may suck for you!

The choices are almost endless. In just 5", it can be built to many different weights, and balance points.

Most USPSA shooters I know, would be more than happy to let you try their guns.

from what Im getting it looks like a custom sti is a better choice, by the way I know sti has this competition incentive for those who use their gun and wear sti shirt during the match / do the custom made sti qualified for that?

from what Im getting it looks like a custom sti is a better choice, by the way I know sti has this competition incentive for those who use their gun and wear sti shirt during the match / do the custom made sti qualified for that?

Yes they do. Must be a STI frame.

Yes they do. Must be a STI frame.

Consider the STI Eagle in 6 inch and have your gunsmith put the bells and whistles that you feel that you need later. A 6' is the way to go..................short dustcover with a bull barrell.

• 2 months later...

6" eagle with bushing barrel, I changed the thumb safety to a wider one, added a dawson ice funnel, bout it. I bought a bull and now wish i had the bushing. It would make it a little less nose heavy,