Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock 3

eerw

eerw> I have not seen one in person only pictures. I have listed the differences I can see below...

(1) Tactical Light rail built into the dust cover

(2) Standard Barrel used instead of a Bull Barrel

(3) Currently only available in 9mm caliber

(4) Blueing instead of the standard silver hard chrome coating

• 1 month later...

Apparently it will have a different trigger system,...and /or the trigger system is compatible with other previous stock models. (this is coming from Eric Grauffel-as he mentioned this on his forum section at the IPSC Global village),..and he still likes to use the 124gr?....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I handled 2 of the stock3's, I think out of the box the trigger in DA is a better....although one I handled had a very smooth trigger in DA,...while the other was "clunky",...not as nice and I could really feel the engagement of hammer and sear surfaces. The SA is not better than a stock2...and reset was no better in SA.

I'm not that conversant with the interpretation of the IPSC Rulebook, but as I read the IPSC Appendix D4.19 you can only install parts that are OFM standard equipment, or OFM available options for the specific model. So the way I read it, in IPSC you can't take the Stock 3's trigger system and put it into the Stock 2.

USPSA Appendix D4, on the other hand lets you take externally visible parts from one approved gun and put them in another (with some caveats). See USPSA Appendix D4.21.6. There are no restriction for internal parts (D4.21.5.)

As far as I can tell, the Stock 3 isn't on the USPSA approved production list, yet, so you can't pull the trigger or hammer from the Stock 3.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Stock 3 is a small frame gun, but the US Stock 2 is a large frame gun. I thought that that the trigger bow is different sizes between the large frame and small frame guns.

Edited by Skydiver

• 4 weeks later...

The only advantage in buying a stock 3 is the price and a better DA than a stock 2? What about I just replace the trigger system of my stock 2 with the stock 3, is this possible and is this legal in IPSC?

Trigger wasn't better on the 3 compared to the S2. At least not on the ones I tried.

The advantage of the 3 is price, slightly longer barrel and sight radius, possibly slightly less muzzle flip and recoil. The last from one of Norway's best PD competitors, but he hadn't made up his mind yet.

I bought the Stock2 and only replaced the hammer spring with the lighter one tanfoglio makes (wolff hammer springs are a no-go in IPSC PD)

The only advantage in buying a stock 3 is the price and a better DA than a stock 2? What about I just replace the trigger system of my stock 2 with the stock 3, is this possible and is this legal in IPSC?

Trigger wasn't better on the 3 compared to the S2. At least not on the ones I tried.

The advantage of the 3 is price, slightly longer barrel and sight radius, possibly slightly less muzzle flip and recoil. The last from one of Norway's best PD competitors, but he hadn't made up his mind yet.

I bought the Stock2 and only replaced the hammer spring with the lighter one tanfoglio makes (wolff hammer springs are a no-go in IPSC PD)

Tanfoglio On Line Shop is a bit confusing for me. Which part number is the hammer spring? Thanks.

Edited by Habagat

• 1 month later...