Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good way to store moonclips in rangebag

RevolverJockey

Been meaning to post this picture for a while, but I keep forgetting. These are Morgan silver dollar holders made by Whitman and available at any coin shop. These work with 10mm and .45 clips.

Lee

photo-1.jpg

I typically use a pill bottle for mine but this seems to work well also!

I never have empty moonclips in my range bag, they have loaded or empty brass unless they are being reloaded at home!

I use mailing tubes to carry them around. I glue one end-cap shut since a tube full of loaded clips can push the end off if you handle it roughly.

Tubes are McMaster-Carr PN 2044T49 and end caps are 2044T69

post-9553-090151500 1298943170_thumb.jpg

Hello: I just put the moonclips on a piece of clear hose the correct diameter for the inside of the moonclip. I then put them in a fishing lure box after that. I also keep the demooner and other stuff in there as well. Loaded monnclips go in the same case. Thanks, Eric

I store my empty moonclips on a Mossberg 12ga shotgun plug, with a hole drilled though it and a hairpin clip to keep them in place. You can use a piece of dowel rod and 2 hairpin clips.

As for loaded 'clips, I use a flat, compartmented fishing tackle box from Wally World.

HPIM0744.jpg

Edited by RePete

Yep... empty clips stay home. Most often they're loaded with something, charged or empty.

I LIKE those tubes. That would be nice for range trips. May have to get some next time I place and order.

For matches I use this, fits nice in the inner bag of my Midway range bag.

Moonrack.jpg