Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SHOT and Glocks

ninemmbill

Not much new at the Glock display at the SHOT show. This is Glocks 25th anniversary so they have a special G17 to commemorate the occasion.

The rollout of the Gen 4 pistols continues. They did have a new backstrap at the show that has a built in beavertail to help eliminate the slide bite that affects some shooters. It felt really good. I will post a pic soon.

That is smart! I might have to consider the upgrade of my 34's and 35 now.

Consider it, but if a highly modified trigger is what you prefer, I'd go slow making a switch. I've playing with 2 now and I am not sure if the new dimensions and such will allow as good a trigger as a Gen3, at least right now.

The rollout of the Gen 4 pistols continues. They did have a new backstrap at the show that has a built in beavertail to help eliminate the slide bite that affects some shooters. It felt really good. I will post a pic soon.

Looking forward to pics of beavertail back strap option. Thanks!

JUst got my copy of Glock AutoPistols 2011. It contains some nice shots of the 25th Anniversary Glock on the cover. I did not see the new backstrap in there but I have only just skimmed through it...

In a slightly shameless plug I will mention that they have published four of my photographs (Randi, page 65 and Tori on page 79) taken at the USPSA Nationals in 2010.

That's great. For the guy's with big hands this will be incredibly helpful. For guys like me with little girly hands, not such a big deal.

I second that. Great idea if you use one of the inserts, but what about those who prefer no insert? :wacko: Hopefully Glock has something up their sleeve. :goof:

None of the "add on" beavertails are legal for IDPA or USPSA in Production or SSP. So it's kinda pointless for a lot of people. I don't know about Limited. At least the Glock version that goes into the existing grip "should" be legal. You know it's going to come up and it's going to have to be stated by Amedon (sp?) as being legal or not.

Regarding competition use of our product, a pro competition shooter friend of ours made some initial inquiries to the powers that be to check on the validity of our grip adapters for use in USPSA and IDPA.

USPSA: After an initial inquiry, we were advised that our grip adapter would be good to go in Limited/Limited 10 divisions, but would likely not be allowed in Production. A final determination would have to be decided on by the governing body.

IDPA: We were advised that as the product is attached via the pin and not a permanent modification, it would be legal for use in SSP as well as ESP and CDP. This only holds for SSP as long as the grip is not permanently affixed to the gun via glue, epoxy, etc. Same as above, a final determination would have to be decided on by the governing body.

Not trying to argue the point, I'm just going off the information that was forwarded to me. As always, each individual should confirm whether or not its use is allowed if they decide to shoot competition with our product.

If anyone can quote either rule book to clarify or disprove the above info, it would be appreciated. Hope this helps.

FJR