Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative to Montana Gold

Paul-the new guy

Try some Precision Bullets www.precisionbullets.com. I'm delighted with the consistency in weight, and the coating has sure made the cleaning easier!

My current load is 6.2 gr of 800-X with a 185 gr .40 at 1.125 COAL. Very nice in a CZ 75B,

:surprise: 800-X? I've never gotten a load for any of my calibers that I didn't end up with unburnt flakes all over me after 20 rnds. Are you running clean?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to purchase exclusively from M.G. but switched to Zero's which have usually arrived within 10 days of my order. M.G.'s are good bullets, but the insolence of guy that owns M.G. is only exceeded by his arrogance. I learned this when he lost an order I placed with him (3 cases 9 mm) THREE consecutive times. When I called and asked him for the third time about my order and when he was going to ship my bullets, well, his shocking out-of-the-blue response left me with the aforementioned conclusion. Anyway, life goes on and I found that Black Bullets, Precision Delta bullets, and Bear Creek bullets all shot as well or better than any of the jacketed varieties and have suffered no excessive leading when loading to Major power factors. Plus, they are cheaper than jacketed bullets by a significant percentage. For instance, the current price at the 1k level for 125 gr. Zero's is $0.84 ea. Black Bullets International at the 1k level is cheaper by 21% per bullet, and Precision at the 1k level (130gr) is cheaper by 17% per bullet. Shooting is an expensive sport and getting more so. And, I don't know about you, but if I can find a reloading component that yields equal or better results than a more expensive variety plus is cheaper by 17% - 21%, I think I would be foolish not to take advantage of that. Good luck. M.

Hmmm. Interesting. They have never been anything but helpful and courteous to me. They also have never failed to contribute to our local charity match when I have been handling the prize table and raffle. I wouldnt buy from anyone else.

Edited by larry cazes

Buy Black Bullet International bullets if your looking for a good compromise. Just don't use hot powders with them like Titegroup. There is no way I would sell my reloader though and buy loaded ammo, you'll be on the short end of that stick quickly.

I just started using the Black bullets in my revolver and they are working awesome. They do smoke a little but not as bad as lead. I'm using a 180 gr. With 4.0 of Clays.

Just curious...am I missing something about Manny's prices vs. MG? I have been using the 95gr JHP MG for my steel load. I was reading this post and started checking Manny and MG for this bullet. If I buy 3 cases from MG, it comes out to $363 for each. If I buy 6 cases from Manny, it comes out to $362. Yeah, I read you can email Manny and ask about a case or two instead of the 6 case minimum but I'm sure he's going to have a different price for that so it's going to go up to MG prices - where's the savings??

I do agree Manny is a great guy, met him at Area 6 two years ago but I don't see the big difference that a few have said. Besides that, every time I order from MG, I have it at my door in 3-4 days and I'm on the east coast. I only had to wait once for about two weeks and that was when everyone was going crazy and buying everything.

I'm making a spreadsheet now of current bullet prices and comparisons, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post it here.

Thanks...

Hmmm....... 124 JHP's MG $305 Manny $281

Just curious...am I missing something about Manny's prices vs. MG? I have been using the 95gr JHP MG for my steel load. I was reading this post and started checking Manny and MG for this bullet. If I buy 3 cases from MG, it comes out to $363 for each. If I buy 6 cases from Manny, it comes out to $362. Yeah, I read you can email Manny and ask about a case or two instead of the 6 case minimum but I'm sure he's going to have a different price for that so it's going to go up to MG prices - where's the savings??

I do agree Manny is a great guy, met him at Area 6 two years ago but I don't see the big difference that a few have said. Besides that, every time I order from MG, I have it at my door in 3-4 days and I'm on the east coast. I only had to wait once for about two weeks and that was when everyone was going crazy and buying everything.

I'm making a spreadsheet now of current bullet prices and comparisons, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post it here.

Thanks...

Hmmm....... 124 JHP's MG $305 Manny $281

That's awesome Sarge! Too bad I don't shoot that weight, as I stated a few times now.

I noticed the great price on x-treme bullets? The price on http://www.tjconevera.com/bullets.html seems really good.

Anyone have any experience with these????

j

Great price???? :surprise:

X-Treme 9mm 115gr RN $72/K. Montana Gold 115gr FMJ $293/4K ($73.50/K). For the extra $1.50/K, MGs are about three times the bullet.

X-Treme .40 180gr RNFP $99/K. Zero .40 180gr FMJ $220/2K ($110/K) from Chuck at SC (a sponsor here)....for the extra $11/K, Zeros are also about three times the bullet...and you can get them for a few bucks less per K buying them through Manny Bragg.

Read some of the reviews on X-Treme, i.e. West Coast (old name), and you'll probably want to pay the slight bit extra for jacketed bullets. R,

That's awesome Sarge! Too bad I don't shoot that weight, as I stated a few times now.

The difference will be similar regardless of weight...or at least proportional. :)

Sorry guys but that's not the case on the MG 95gr JHP. I love this bullet, it's the best I've tried in the "Super Light Weight" division and I plan on staying with it for Steel and Minor loads. As I found out from the "horse's mouth", I would save $2 per case and at 4500 per case (at less than 6 cases), that ends up being .000044 cents I would save per bullet. I only buy a case or two at the most per 12-18 months so if start worrying about $2 or even 5 or 10 for that matter, then I need to start shooting lead, plated, or B-B guns. Thanks for all the input but as I originally stated, I just don't see the big savings in my BULLET WEIGHT.

Notwithstanding, I do plan on buying from Manny for many things but it's not for the minute savings, it's because of his business practices and for being a great guy :)

Thanks...

The difference will be similar regardless of weight...or at least proportional. :)

Sorry guys but that's not the case on the MG 95gr JHP. I love this bullet, it's the best I've tried in the "Super Light Weight" division and I plan on staying with it for Steel and Minor loads. As I found out from the "horse's mouth", I would save $2 per case and at 4500 per case (at less than 6 cases), that ends up being .000044 cents I would save per bullet. I only buy a case or two at the most per 12-18 months so if start worrying about $2 or even 5 or 10 for that matter, then I need to start shooting lead, plated, or B-B guns. Thanks for all the input but as I originally stated, I just don't see the big savings in my BULLET WEIGHT.

Notwithstanding, I do plan on buying from Manny for many things but it's not for the minute savings, it's because of his business practices and for being a great guy :)

Thanks...

That's pretty weird since all the other bullets have a price difference proportional to weight (give or take). I need to call Manny tomorrow, so I'll ask what the deal is with the 95gr JHPs. Hard to imagine why those are only $2 cheaper per case. Still, if I'm going to order other bullets from him anyway, there's no sense in not buying them for $2 less per case anyway. R,

• 1 year later...

Mannyusa was not cheaper. Did I miss something. 147 cmj 9mm $330 a case on both sites

Yeah, you're right. He must have went to standard pricing when MG went up. That has not been the case for years.

I would still call him and see if there are any discounts that are not listed on his site.

Thanks...

Your logic is correct, unfortunatey it's not leading you to the right conclusion. Ignore his website and give Manny a call or an email. Even on smaller orders it will be worth your while and his customer service is as good as anyone's.

Why would someone put up a website and not put the correct prices on it?? Isn't that sort of contradictive to what the practice is?? If you walk in a restaurant and the prices change every time you go, would you keep going or bothering with it?? I doubt it so my conclusion was right looking at face value - it's the unknown factor of what the price of the day will be is the problem.

I really like Manny from the brief time I talked to him so I will call him for my next order coming in a few days.

this dosent make any sense to me either......

• 1 month later...

If you don't want to shoot MG's, then I would look at Precision Delta although they might not be that much cheaper. Your other options are lead or moly coated like Blacks Bullets (BBI), or Precision Bullets, Billy bullets, etc.

I forgot what the topic was. I just sat for a couple minutes looking at the avitar. Tell me you get to play with those!