Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative to Montana Gold

Paul-the new guy

I used to purchase exclusively from M.G. but switched to Zero's which have usually arrived within 10 days of my order.

Wow, that's lucky. The last time I ordered from Zero I waited six months and only got half the order (still waiting, over a year now) because the other half is a lower demand bullet. R,

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try some Precision Bullets www.precisionbullets.com. I'm delighted with the consistency in weight, and the coating has sure made the cleaning easier!

My current load is 6.2 gr of 800-X with a 185 gr .40 at 1.125 COAL. Very nice in a CZ 75B,

I have used lead almost exclusively, mainly due to cost issues, and have been happy with my choice. Missouri Bullets and Black Bullets in 180 gr have been trouble free in both of my guns. The Black Bullets smoke less, but the Missouri are cheaper. I'm not sure if anyone has better shipping than Missouri. Several orders have arrived to CA within two to three days of ordering. Never have I waited longer than three days, and the price is right.

It ain't broke. Don't fix it. I wake up at 3am after listening to my wife snore in my ear most of the night, go on line, order a case of bullets from MG, 3 days later they're sitting on the porch. No back order, no looking all over the country for something that should be in stock. If you can't swing the bucks right now for the best, hold off for a couple of weeks. Give yourself some time to get used to true perfection and production

I prefer to shoot Moly Bullets (Precison 185gr) in my STI 40 Edge, not a matter of price just prefer the bullet. I feel your pain on order $300+ to get some bullets. Try some BBI's at http://www.powerfactorshooting.com/category_s/174.htm Sean is a good guy and supports the sport and you can buy 100, 500, 1000, or 3,000 bullets.

My wife and I shoot a lot of MG bullets for Steel although I shoot Zeros(from Angus or King Shooter Supply for USPSA open) and Rogers Better Bullets (lead) in my 1911. I am chiming in because I am shocked to hear that anyone had a bad experience with MG. I won a boat load of MG's at a match in the fall of 2009 and just did not get aroung to redeeming my certificates. (I was very ill) When I recovered, I came across the certificates and emailed MG to see if they would honor the expired certificates. I got a email from a lady whose name escapes me and she said she would check with the owner to see if he would honor the certificates. Got a call from the owner who said the bullets were all on the way and wishing me well. Just had to share this good experience.

Mike

I get my Zero bullets from Roze retail side They usually show out of stock but i order the 25k amounts and they charge my card as they ship them. I always try to order far enough ahead that I dont get into a tight crunch.I orderd before christmas when I got ny bonus check and have 20k already on the shelf.

Has anyone actually ordered a single case of MG from MannyUSA? Anybody have first experience with this?

I just talked with manny at shot show.. He told me to email him regarding single cases... He had a price sheet.. I am on way back to California from Vegas and will try and post price sheet soon

I have ordered a single case from manny twice in the last year. All it takes is an email and he will give u a price and then ship u whatver youd like with payment due when u receive the order. Doesnt get much better than that.

Has anyone actually ordered a single case of MG from MannyUSA? Anybody have first experience with this?

I just talked with manny at shot show.. He told me to email him regarding single cases... He had a price sheet.. I am on way back to California from Vegas and will try and post price sheet soon

I used to purchase exclusively from M.G. but switched to Zero's which have usually arrived within 10 days of my order.

Wow, that's lucky. The last time I ordered from Zero I waited six months and only got half the order (still waiting, over a year now) because the other half is a lower demand bullet. R,

Do you think Zero's are better than MG? If supply was not a problem which would you preferred

Checked Angus and ROZE for 9mm or 38 super bullets. None in stock. Will they ship soon? who knows!

MG and Manny in stock and ready to ship.

Cheaper than Zero's and knowing they are available, Hmm let me think this over...............

Do you think Zero's are better than MG? If supply was not a problem which would you preferred

Wow, that's not an easy question to answer! In my Open guns, the MG 115gr JHPs (and 121gr IFPs before that) are at least as accurate as the only Zeros I've shot through them (125gr JHP), and maybe slightly more accurate (been a while). Based on that, I'd stick with the MGs even if Zeros were equally as easy to get. I'd like to compare the Zero 115gr JHPs, but I'm probably not going to put any effort into it since the combo I have now will literally keep every round touching a paster at 25yds if I do my part.

I haven't tried the MG 180gr JHP for my .40 guns because I stocked up on Zero 180gr JHPs a while back. I have shot quite a few MG 180gr FMJs and they were good, but not quite as accurate as the Zeros. So, until I try the MG 180gr JHP, I can't really say either way which I would prefer, but I suspect it would be pretty close between them.

In 9mm, the Zero 147gr JHP is clearly the one my M&P likes best, but it hates, hates, hates, the Zero 147gr FMJ....weird. The MG 147gr CMJ isn't quite as accurate at the Zero JHP, but it's close....both will do 2" or better at 25yds, but the Zeros will go about half an inch tighter, if I do my part. With that in mind, I stocked up on the Zero JHPs for big match ammo, and will continue to use the MG CMJs for everything else...but I really wouldn't think for a second about using the MGs at any match. R,

In 9mm, the Zero 147gr JHP is clearly the one my M&P likes best, but it hates, hates, hates, the Zero 147gr FMJ....weird. The MG 147gr CMJ isn't quite as accurate at the Zero JHP, but it's close....both will do 2" or better at 25yds, but the Zeros will go about half an inch tighter, if I do my part. With that in mind, I stocked up on the Zero JHPs for big match ammo, and will continue to use the MG CMJs for everything else...but I really wouldn't think for a second about using the MGs at any match. R,

keep in mind i am kind of new to this.... your guns shoot the same grain bullet just a jhp -vs- a fmj differently. I had no idea it would make a difference. i have a lot to learn.

keep in mind i am kind of new to this.... your guns shoot the same grain bullet just a jhp -vs- a fmj differently. I had no idea it would make a difference. i have a lot to learn.

Some do, some don't....it just sort of depends. The M&P seems to be a bit particular in that regard than many designs. With the Zero 147gr JHP it was giving me best groups about 1.25" at 25yds, and plenty well under 2". I bought 1K of the 147gr FMJ (everybody was out of the JHPs) and they were like 10" groups at the same distance....no other changes. My 1911 and 2011s rarely show anywhere near that much difference. JHPs tend to be more accurate (in most guns) because the method used to manufacture them makes them more consistent from bullet to bullet...but you never know when a gun will fail to follow that "rule"! R,

Just curious...am I missing something about Manny's prices vs. MG? I have been using the 95gr JHP MG for my steel load. I was reading this post and started checking Manny and MG for this bullet. If I buy 3 cases from MG, it comes out to $363 for each. If I buy 6 cases from Manny, it comes out to $362. Yeah, I read you can email Manny and ask about a case or two instead of the 6 case minimum but I'm sure he's going to have a different price for that so it's going to go up to MG prices - where's the savings??

I do agree Manny is a great guy, met him at Area 6 two years ago but I don't see the big difference that a few have said. Besides that, every time I order from MG, I have it at my door in 3-4 days and I'm on the east coast. I only had to wait once for about two weeks and that was when everyone was going crazy and buying everything.

I'm making a spreadsheet now of current bullet prices and comparisons, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post it here.

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious...am I missing something about Manny's prices vs. MG? I have been using the 95gr JHP MG for my steel load. I was reading this post and started checking Manny and MG for this bullet. If I buy 3 cases from MG, it comes out to $363 for each. If I buy 6 cases from Manny, it comes out to $362. Yeah, I read you can email Manny and ask about a case or two instead of the 6 case minimum but I'm sure he's going to have a different price for that so it's going to go up to MG prices - where's the savings??

I do agree Manny is a great guy, met him at Area 6 two years ago but I don't see the big difference that a few have said. Besides that, every time I order from MG, I have it at my door in 3-4 days and I'm on the east coast. I only had to wait once for about two weeks and that was when everyone was going crazy and buying everything.

I'm making a spreadsheet now of current bullet prices and comparisons, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post it here.

Thanks...

Your logic is correct, unfortunatey it's not leading you to the right conclusion. Ignore his website and give Manny a call or an email. Even on smaller orders it will be worth your while and his customer service is as good as anyone's.

Thanks...

Your logic is correct, unfortunatey it's not leading you to the right conclusion. Ignore his website and give Manny a call or an email. Even on smaller orders it will be worth your while and his customer service is as good as anyone's.

Why would someone put up a website and not put the correct prices on it?? Isn't that sort of contradictive to what the practice is?? If you walk in a restaurant and the prices change every time you go, would you keep going or bothering with it?? I doubt it so my conclusion was right looking at face value - it's the unknown factor of what the price of the day will be is the problem.

I really like Manny from the brief time I talked to him so I will call him for my next order coming in a few days.