Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IOR illuminated 1-10x

gose

initial rumors say:

FFP 1-10 x 26 35mm Tube, with daytime visible illuminated dot in SFP

dual illumination, either the dot, or the reticle, or both.

true 1x power

cat tail

zero stop

Who's gonna stop by IOR's booth and check it out? :)

I can't even imagine the price tag if all those specs are true. Especially considering Leupold's 1-8x is 4 grand.

My guess is $2k-$2.5k, but since its just a prototype it might be a while to the actual release, just look at the delays for the Premier and SuB 1-8s...

I will be checking out every single optic at shot show lol. Don't you think 10x is a bit much? Somewhere between 6x and 9x is probably ideal.

I have a feeeling these are marketed more towards a SPR type application.

initial rumors say:

true 1x power

cat tail

zero stop

Oooh, that would be perfect!

Now, if it would only be $200... :roflol:

Fred and I did the "all optics" trudge last year...seems Round 2 is this year :)

I think...4 and a HALF pounds on the IOR :D

Liota and I managed to arranged "press passes" for ourselves this year (along with our regular dealer passes), so THIS time we can take pictures without security getting all whiny...although we have noticed that if you are Chinese you can take pictures of EVERYTHING from EVERY angle in closeup and then scurry back to the Chinese crap section of SHOT without a press pass...very odd.

Alex

Edited by Wakal

I'm from the show-me state so that makes me skeptical.

10x is just too much. 6x is already more than enough for 3gun IMO.

Its seems to me its better to have something and not need it than to need it and not have it. If 10 is too much don't crank it up that far.

Pat

If it's in the first focal plane then you can just turn it down. With their 1x8 the BDC only works with it in 8 power, and I found that I couldn't find the targets with 8 power very fast, had to look over the scope and then through. A good 1x4 is all you need.

initial rumors say:

true 1x power

cat tail

zero stop

Oooh, that would be perfect!

Now, if it would only be $200... :roflol:

Dream on big boy, dream on.:roflol:

Pat

I love the IOR scopes. I hope that they do make it a FFP with their MP8 (or TMR)reticle. With a true 1x, a BRIGHT dot and turrets this would be a perfect scope for almost any application. It sounds almost like a short dot with a 10x top end.

As slow as I already move, the weight is a non issue.

The M8-type reticle is in the first focal plane. The red dot is in the second plane. The dot is bright red (hard to tell indoors how bright it REALLY was, but it seems far better than the usual dim offerings from US Optics and such. Several buttons on the left side behind the side focus; one turned the dot on (red), the other turned the cross hairs on (IOR green). Very clear glass, moderately extended lever built into the adjustment ring. I did not notice the (very acceptable) eye relief change as the power changed (unlike the Short Dots). Not as heavy as I expected. Should be available early third quarter in the $2,400 range.

IMO, vastly superior to the hideously overpriced 1.1-8 Leupold offering. Better glass, one power on the low end, and just over half the cost.

Pictures linked here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lpwakal/SHOTDay1?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvfwoHWwqXoKA&feat=directlink#5563918784245394706

http://picasaweb.google.com/lpwakal/SHOTDay1?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvfwoHWwqXoKA&feat=directlink#5563919175760513730

Alex

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats a lot of scope for the money. This is good for all of us as I am sure it will push the other optic companies to come out with more all around optics in the 1-10 range. Never been an IOR fan and currently use a US optics SN-4 Lund reticle. I would love to look down range with the IOR soon. Maybe I will have a new purchase for an AR-10.

Looks like the trend IOR has it, S&B will have a 1-8 out real soon, leupold has one big $$, and the beloved Z6i might include a 1-8 next year in the line up. It is like that in car racing, every year new go fast parts, for a price to remain competitive.

But hey, that is the evolution of technology in sports, 3G, racing, biking etc etc. Kind of exciting in a way.

I feel like a luddite here, but instead of a 1-10x for $ $2800 i'd rather have a 1-4X with a 2nd focal plane TRUE daylight visible red-dot (i.e. aimpoint bright) for $1400 out the door. a 1-10x is truly impressive, like training squirrel to pilot a re-entry vehicle, but I don't really have any use for it and would rather have a more practical solution (for me) at a more affordable price.

man, just reading that makes me feel old. I'm gonna go outside an tell the neighborhood kids to get off my lawn...

I feel like a luddite here, but instead of a 1-10x for $ $2800 i'd rather have a 1-4X with a 2nd focal plane TRUE daylight visible red-dot (i.e. aimpoint bright) for $1400 out the door. a 1-10x is truly impressive, like training squirrel to pilot a re-entry vehicle, but I don't really have any use for it and would rather have a more practical solution (for me) at a more affordable price.

man, just reading that makes me feel old. I'm gonna go outside an tell the neighborhood kids to get off my lawn...

You don't have to feel old unless you take your Garand as your persuader.

I'd love to see someone meld the tritium/fiber-optic goodness of an ACOG with the Elcan SpectreDR at around the price point you mentioned. (For 3g, it wouldn't need to near as beefy as either the ACOG or the Elcan, though)

I just got in from telling the kids to get off of my lawn, so keep that in mind. I already bit the bullet and purchased a S&B short dot 5 years ago I think it is the perfect scope for

tac ops. I could never hold any more than a 4 power steady enough to hit anything unless I was prone. I finally realized that you can't purchase a win, that takes knowing your equipment and practice. And besides I'm retired so I can't afford it anyway. :roflol: