Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO exam

mildot1

I don't think so.

Things may have changed since I took the exam & my memory isn't the best, but it's all in the book. IIRC the exam has questions that you have to give the answers while noting those answer's relevant section within the rulebook. It's an open book test.

If you are a RO your test to recertify is online but if your taking the RO coarse you will get to use your book. If I remember right I took the test home and e-mailed it to the instructor.

Brent

If you are a RO your test to recertify is online but if your taking the RO coarse you will get to use your book. If I remember right I took the test home and e-mailed it to the instructor.

Brent

Open book? So...you are saying that I should stop writing the USPSA rules on my Converse All-Stars and inside my calculator case, huh? :ph34r:

Citing the correct rule is the key...the whole process is designed to get you to become familiar with the rule book, which is essential to becoming a good RO and the groundwork for effectively working matches. And if you go on to CRO, once you finish that course you can't help but know the rule book inside and out, including the proper rules for all those pesky little occasional issues that can be tough to dig out of the rule book when you need 'em.

:cheers:

Curtis

Citing the correct rule is the key...the whole process is designed to get you to become familiar with the rule book, which is essential to becoming a good RO and the groundwork for effectively working matches. And if you go on to CRO, once you finish that course you can't help but know the rule book inside and out, including the proper rules for all those pesky little occasional issues that can be tough to dig out of the rule book when you need 'em.

:cheers:

Curtis

+1 I'm in the CRO course now. My brand new rulebook looks like it's 10 years old now, it's so broken down. :goof:

At the www.uspsa.org wed site go to your personal profle area = the one that shows your class . in that page near the top Rt is a link to the Exam

It was not as easy as I remember it being.

I read your question closer , = I thought you had to take the renew exam that is online.

The thing is be able like they say = to finde the back up Rule # in the Book. just knowing the rule is not enough. you have to be able to finde the rule in the book and state the rule # as backup.

If you cant find the rite rule # out of the book = you get the question as a miss ,even if your rite

having the rulebook via the uspsa.org website in the .pdf version open sure is handy. use the search function in the .pdf version to find keywords from the question. when the keyword search stops in the correct section of the rulebook then you also have the rule number to cite.