Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've decided on single mag pouches, but angled?

YamaLink

New to single stack 9 and 45 1911 mags. I have decided on single kydex pouches but am not 100% certain on angled or straight up-down. Do some come with an option to angle via a bolt loosening/tightening or are my options either angled or straight?

Edited by YamaLink

New to single stack 9 and 45 1911 mags. I have decided on single kydex pouches but am not 100% certain on angled or straight up-down. Do some come with an option to angle via a bolt loosening/tightening or are my options either angled or straight?

Your CR Speeds, etc are adjustable. They are not fixed at an angle until you set them. Straight up and down is best in the low cap divisions since you need so many on the belt.

It won't matter in single stack. You won't have room for anything besides vertical.

nailed it. you can have them at any angle you want, just have to be behind the hip. if you want to carry more than 3 or 4, which you do, you'll have to have them vertical.

Are you shooting USPSA single stack division? I'm pretty sure the rules state your mags need to be vertical.

Somebody better tell this guy: http://robleatham.com/

There is no mention of cant or angle in Appendix D5. You can angle your mag pouches to your heart's content as long as they stay behind the hip bone.

It won't matter in single stack. You won't have room for anything besides vertical.

nailed it. you can have them at any angle you want, just have to be behind the hip. if you want to carry more than 3 or 4, which you do, you'll have to have them vertical.

Some of us are so committed to the sport that we grow our waists to accommodate more mags.

Some of us are so committed to the sport that we grow our waists to accommodate more mags.

:roflol:

:goof::bow:

I've been trying to do that for years without any results.

Are you shooting USPSA single stack division? I'm pretty sure the rules state your mags need to be vertical.

There is no mention of cant or angle in Appendix D5. You can angle your mag pouches to your heart's content as long as they stay behind the hip bone.

his wearing a limited setup on those pix by the way...

I think that was this year at the nationals :)

The most mags per inch of waist will be with Ready Tactical pouches....cheaper, simpler, and just as fast as anything else out there. I've got them on both SS and Production rigs, and wouldn't feel at a disadvantage with them for Lim or Open. R,

Are you sure? How many mags does the average shooter carry in limited?

Are you sure? How many mags does the average shooter carry in limited?

5 he was shooting the L10 nationals there for the extra mags :)

i recognize the slot machine :D

B.B. YOU nailed it!

Marty

A-7424

:D:bow: