Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My fancy new C-More mount....

T3P_Guy

Figured I'd take a chance to show off my fancy new mount that my gunsmith/machinist made for me (he's the same guy that makes the BMT mooner-demooners btw). So far I'm liking it, hopefully get out one of these next weekends to try it out when things thaw outside a little bit.

B):D

post-11164-099059300 1294363346_thumb.jp

post-11164-049058800 1294363367_thumb.jp

How much closer to the bore is the dot with that set up as opposed to a regular cmore mount? I am guessing by the picture that you gained maybe 1/2 inch closer. Better tell your guy to get ready, I bet those could get real popular real quick. Everyone will want one now.

How is the little round disc connected to the end of your ejector rod? That looks interesting.

Tom

That's pretty neat, taking a page out the Open division playbook. I'd be interested (after you've put some rounds thru it) how much schmutz you get on the inside lens of the Cmore. It looks as if you might get some blast from the b/c gap.

That's pretty neat, taking a page out the Open division playbook. I'd be interested (after you've put some rounds thru it) how much schmutz you get on the inside lens of the Cmore. It looks as if you might get some blast from the b/c gap.

+1 for the looks...Way cool. Seems like wings on either side of the BC gap would give some peace of mind, but maybe his load isn't all that crazy hot? I know my 460 would need wings, but what's a 38 really put out?

Another note whats the cost for the side mount?

Since there is no ejection port on the right side and all loading and unloading is done on the left side, might be a better idea to reverse the mount. Would make sight adjustments easier too

Ya but then it won't act like a kick-stand for table pickup starts

(if your a righty that is)

That it does and it is a pretty awesome kickstand, more so with the big butt grips, i can pretty much have my hand all the way on the grip with it laying on a table. Here's a couple more pictures, sight adjustments are not a problem the way the mount is setup as they are easily accessible.

I also don't forsee the lens getting filthed out as it is in front of the cylinder gap. Most of the mess on my sight when I had it normally was on the sides of it behind the gap and not in front of it.

Still haven't gotten out to shoot it and probably won't for a month or so as I have vacation to Florida next week and work training in Lenexa the week after and this week doesn't look like the weather is going to even get up to the teens here :(. I'll post more pictures if you guys want to see anything in particular. Or if you have any questions or comments I'll be more than happy to answer them.

post-11164-039790600 1294799648_thumb.jp

post-11164-056145700 1294799639_thumb.jp

So THIS time you need to sell your "gotta have it" BEFORE the IRC :-)

But then how are me and my buddy Bob supposed to meet so many fun people over the course of a couple days? ;)

I'll let our machinist know that there is interest in the mounts and see if he'd be interested in making a run of 'em and giving me a price for you guys.

--Bruce

Edited by T3P_Guy

• 1 year later...

Lee,

What did they quote for a current price?

$100. I am pondering left or right side. I tend to shoot with my support thumb up and am concerned it will hit the mount when I get a high grip. The tip of my thumb is level with the frame with my normal grip.

Lee

Is it available in RH and LH mounting for the C-More?

Yeah. They said it is able to zero while installed with either mount and also can remain on the mount when installed and removed from the revolver. Comes with torx screws and they recommended purple or blue locktite. I ordered a LH one - hopefully I won't have any clearance issues.

Lee

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...