Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri 45 ACP 200Gr SWC Load Suggestions

BradleyA

Hello everyone.

I just was given a lot of these, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to powders and OAL.

Thanks

For a OAL, I've always used 1.250, works with just about any 200gr LSWC I've tried..

I've loaded many thousands of 200 gr LSWC from 4 different casters, and I too found that within the range 1.245 to 1.255 worked the best in my 3 1911s, so I successfully standardized on 1.250. Loading shorter or longer worked for some but not all 3 of my guns. The "just a fingernail thickess of shoulder" rule did not hold true for me, as this made for shorter rounds.

I shoot Missouri Bullets and load OAL 1.250 over 4.1 grains of Clay. I have two Kimbers and this works great. Have loaded an OAL range from 1.245 to 1.260 and had no problems with feeding. If you do have a feeding problem check the magazines.

Edited by Bouttime

I don't use the Missouri, but the Penn 200 LSWC, which I think is the same mold. I load to 1.250 OAL with a .469 crimp. My powder is 4.9gr Titegroup. There is some smoke from this load, but it's been very reliable in my Kimber Classic.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been loading 4.9 - 5.0 grains of Bullseye, Missouri Bullet Co 200 gr. LSWC (IDP#1 BH18) OAL 1.250 - 1.255, crimp .469 - .470 with velocities around 875 fps which meets power factor easily for IDPA. This has performed reliably for me for years. Hardly any lead buildup in the barrel.

• 2 months later...

I've been using the Missouri 200gr LSWC in 18 brinell lately. My major loads are as follows:

Titegroup 4.9gr 1.250 ~847

WST 4.7gr 1.250 ~846

231 5.3gr 1.250 ~848

This is out of an 5" 1911

• 3 weeks later...

Very timely post, as I just got my first Missouri Bullets, #1 IDP 200gr SWC 18BHN. I normally shoot Berry's 200gr SWC, but thought I would give the MB bullets a try.

I ran the first batch at 5.7gr of W231 with OAL of 1.25 and crimp of .469. They fed and shot well, was a little smokey and had a little leading in the first 1/2" or so of the barrel. Today I tried 5.0gr of W231 and OAL of 1.265 (at recommendation from another board), had more leading than before, and the rounds would not feed into the mag as the OAL was too long (Wilson ETM mag, Kimber Gold Match II). Attached is a pic from today's test, approx 45rnds from 7 yrds.

I'll probably try 5.4 or 5.5gr of W231 next, and stick with OAL of 1.25.

post-31828-073826400 1306802455_thumb.jp

Edited by GregJ

Just thought I would follow up for the OP. I tested some MB 200gr LSWC IDP #1 today, with 5.4gr of W231 at 1.25 COAL. The load fed and ran just fine, though I had some leading. I think this will be my go-to load for these bullets.

Looks like Ben stole my thunder. :cheers: I've loaded many thousands of 200gr LSWC from several different casters and they've all made major, shot to the same point of aim and cycle 100%. Unlike my typing, this is a very consistant load that just seems to work in any 5" gun they've been tried in.