Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

300 for the skinnies? Holy snickies!!! Now wonder he worked so hard on the prize table. Once everybody walks away with a gun they will forget about missing the targets all weekend. LOL!!! :roflol:

Kudos for all your hard work Larry!

Was that 300 in yards or feet....you know in all the excitement, I forgot myself :devil:

I think Larry may be having some fun with us :D

I shot the skinnies at 200 yards today and that was ok. Past that I will be checking the scoring system for miss penalties and weighting that against the time it takes to actually hit the little bastards!!

Yes I am having some fun......you guys can relax. The stages will be doable by all. My philosophy for setting up stages is 1. make them doable for everyone, 2. Make them fun, 3. They should shoot fast and 4. They should clear fast. If these all play out the match should be great.

As for the roads, they are packed shale so driving should be fine in any vehicle. If not I have a Raptor that will pull almost anythng out when stuck.

As for the carts, I am not bringing anything but my Safariland (sponsor highlight here) rifle bag and will be walking from stage to stage. Zone 1 is probably 75 yards between the stages, Zone 2 50 yards if that (3 bays in a row) and Zone 3, stage 7 is seperate from 8 and 9 but parking is right up to the bays.

Hope this helps.

Larry

actually i was thinking if i rode the zepplin from the shooting area downrange to the 300 yard skinnies, would that be considered from the shooting area since that's where i last left the ground??? :sight::unsure::roflol:

As long as you don't touch the ground outside the shooting area you would be perfectly legal....however use caution on the 180.

What is the best way to attach a VTAC sling to the front and rear of an FNH SLP MKI

Your advise and photos would be appreciated

A Nordic mag tube clamp, you can put a sling swivel in the extra tapped hole, and a V-Tac bustt stock adapter. Whether it's best or not, I don't know, but, it works on my Benelli M2.

There is an option to sling the shotgun and start with a hot pistol, or shotgun hot and chamber empty on the holstered pistol. It would be a very unusual course layout that I would start with the shotgun slung.

I can't believe I am saying this but Chuck is correct...yuck, that tasted like vinegar!

I use two standard rifle sling mounts you can by at any gun store to include Walmart to attach the sling. Just have to weave thru the buckles, not a fast detach such a hitting the buttons but it works, just have to unthread the posts, rotate and the sling is off with the mounts.

If you do not want to use that method, green duct tape, you can now get it in black to blend in with the barrel and forend.

Larry

I have standard Uncle mikes and QD button both looped side by side on the same v-tac sling. The UMs work and my SLP and the QD work for my rifle. The unused hardware rattles around when not in use,but they do not get in the way, or lost.