Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How often does your C-More lose zero?

GrumpyOne

Hello: The only time my C-More lost zero was at the High Desert Classic in Albuquerque when the mount came loose :surprise: I clean all the scews and holes out really well that night and red Loc-Tited the screws and it has been great ever since. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

It seems my C-more has lost zero on my open gun. It seems to be shooting about 2" to the right at 15 yards. I haven't dropped it, beat it, or otherwise abused it, so I was wondering.....How often does your C-more lose zero?

There's a pretty long thread about this that I started maybe two years ago...I'll try to find it. I was in the middle of a stage, and it shifted something like 4-6" left at 10yds (going off memory). I pretty much zeroed the stage, went to the function range, fixed it, and finished the match without issue. When I got home, I cleaned the windage adjustment screw with alcohol, then put a drop of blue loctite (small drop!) on the right side, ran it in 4 turns, put another small drop on the other side, that brought it back out 4 turns. I put an index mark with a silver sharpie so that it lined up with the slot on the screw after I had it zeroed. It stayed put until this year's Nationals where it did the same thing. I sent the scope back to C-More and they found a crack in the body where the adjustment screw is...but not visible easily. I must have tightened the set screw too much, and cracked it....the loctite was simply hiding the problem. I think it cost me roughly $70 to have a new body put on the scope. I'm using an Al bodied scope now, as they're supposed to be a bit better about holding zero, but they have been known to crack at the hinge point. R,

I lost zero once with my c more. Found a crack near the windage adjustment screw and sent it to C-More. Three years problem free and it is still maintaining zero fine. Following their advice, I only turn the locking screw until contact, I do not make it tight.

Happens... on two of my C-mores the elevation locking screw always becomes loose after 50-100 rounds. I routinely look at the elevation adjustment screw and set it the way it should be - with the slot facing 2 o'clock. No matter what I do, the locking screws on those two just will not stay tight.

Heres one for ya.

Shot the same slide ride for 9 years, no problems. Checked and fine tuned the zero occasionally. The rheostat crapped out so I sent it ot C-More for service, They replaced the rheostat and told me the dot module was bad so we replaced that too. I shoot it for about 2 months and the zero shifts in a match. It went 8 inches low and 4 left. I rezeroed it and the next match it shifts again. I checked it today and my first shot at 17 yards was 6 inches low and 4 right. 2nd and 3rd shots were POI almost touching. 4th shot was 6 inches high and 4 left.

:blink:

I pulled it off and replaced it. I don't see any cracks.

I am on my second CMORE and have never had any luck keeping them zeroed.

Every night before a match I used to shoot 100 rounds to get to the point where I felt confident to leave the house in the morning.

The CMORE and mount are not loose. And don't get me wrong I love the scope but it was breaking me to keep it zeroed. I have spare modules and that is not the problem.

I didn't find the crack in mine either. The C-More folks swear that an aftermarket dot module cover (like the Arredondo) can cause a shift in the POI...while shooting. I'm not sure why or how, but they were very adamant it could happen. R,

I didn't find the crack in mine either. The C-More folks swear that an aftermarket dot module cover (like the Arredondo) can cause a shift in the POI...while shooting. I'm not sure why or how, but they were very adamant it could happen. R,

I have one on mine... :blink:

So does the scope on my Bedell, and that one has barely changed over a couple of years. It doesn't make sense, but I'm not messing with one that works.

Not to knock C-More, but I sure think that somebody could come up with a similar style scope, that had a smaller footprint, and get rid of the few issues they have...it's a pretty old design at this point. R,

I guess I have been lucky...the only time I had a big change in my zero, I had forgot to loctite my grip upper screws and they become just loose enough to loose my zero at a level 3 (of course)

I'm sure it has been mention before....but they are made of plastic so it will change from cold to hot weather, were I used to live the indoor range wasn't really heated in the winter so it would get pretty cold. I would zero my gun then fly to a warm place and wonder my zero was different......well I wonder no more <_<

So does the scope on my Bedell, and that one has barely changed over a couple of years. It doesn't make sense, but I'm not messing with one that works.

Not to knock C-More, but I sure think that somebody could come up with a similar style scope, that had a smaller footprint, and get rid of the few issues they have...it's a pretty old design at this point. R,

The better open shooters I know who use Cmores all check their zeros before matches. This is pretty good evidence to me that this is neccesary. I use Aimpoints because I really dont trust the design of the Cmore and at least until a few years ago I didnt want to deal with the 2+ inches of offset most setups have. The sideways mounts have improved these drastically but the design of the site is still not robust in my mind. Great marketing though :)

Yeah! They've been around since about 1995. That's a good run!

Ummmmm ....... doesnt the slide move back when the gun goes bang? <_<

No. I have no idea what you're talking about. :roflol:

Sorry 'bout the brain fart. That looks like the ticket. I love the absolute reliability of Aimpoints, and now it looks like there's a mount I'd want to use.

How I just need to have the frame drilled on the right side.

Well, this is no good.

I was just about to comment and say that I am totally pleased with my c-more (and I am!) and that it has never lost zero, neither before or after re-bodying at C-more. ( I broke it myself, no flaw with the sight, and C-more re-bodied it for less than a third the price of a new sight.)

And now all of a sudden here's this nifty little mount for the Aimpoint Micro! Now, that looks .. not bad at all.

I want it.

What to do? I can't just abandon the C-more and go with this? What do I do with my incredibly cool folding wings on the C-more? (Another nifty little item from DAA, by the way.)

Blast!

Siphon

I had a problem with my C-More zero changing after a hundred or rounds. the lock screw was never tight when I checked it. I called C-More and asked them about Loctite, and they advised against it. Instead they suggested taking the lock screw out, wrapping one wrap of teflon plumbers tape around it, and reinstalling it. No problems since.

Mark K.

Well, this is no good.

I was just about to comment and say that I am totally pleased with my c-more (and I am!) and that it has never lost zero, neither before or after re-bodying at C-more. ( I broke it myself, no flaw with the sight, and C-more re-bodied it for less than a third the price of a new sight.)

And now all of a sudden here's this nifty little mount for the Aimpoint Micro! Now, that looks .. not bad at all.

I want it.

What to do? I can't just abandon the C-more and go with this? What do I do with my incredibly cool folding wings on the C-more? (Another nifty little item from DAA, by the way.)

Blast!

Siphon

Abandoning the Cmore would be terrible! We discourage innovation......