Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Nationals Dates Announced

Chuck Anderson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all that might know, Do you have any idea when they will be releasing the info for match hotel? Also, the published dates for open are 16-20; does that mean shooting starts on the 16th and prize table on the 20? Its been a long time since I have been to nationals and I am tring to arrange flights, logging, comparing prices for match hotel vs. the time share, arranging child care since school has alread started then, secure a car, etc.....no wonder I don't travel to matches any more, I need a logistic team.

Thanks to who ever response with meaningful information :D

To all that might know, Do you have any idea when they will be releasing the info for match hotel? Also, the published dates for open are 16-20; does that mean shooting starts on the 16th and prize table on the 20? Its been a long time since I have been to nationals and I am tring to arrange flights, logging, comparing prices for match hotel vs. the time share, arranging child care since school has alread started then, secure a car, etc.....no wonder I don't travel to matches any more, I need a logistic team.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Registration 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Orleans Hotel

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shooter’s Meeting 7:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Range

Competition Begins 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Range

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Competition Continues 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Range

Monday, October 11, 2010

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Competition Continues 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Range

Award Ceremony 8:00 p.m. - Finished Orleans Hotel

Prize Distribution Immediately Following Awards Orleans Hotel

This is the schedule from last year. Nothing firm yet but I would imagine the format will be the same. Reg Friday afternoon, Shooting Sat-Tues AM with Awards Tuesday PM. The awards start late in the evening and normally run a couple hours including the prize table so don't plan on going to the awards and hopping a flight the same night.

Got mine in the mail Saturday for the LPR Nationals but going to the Production Nationals might be tough for me to do since my wedding anniversary is on the 24th (the last day of the match). Family 1st!

Were the dates of the matches swapped? I just got my slot and it states that open/L10/Revo is September 16th-20th.

1st post here states the opposite.

STeve

Check post #18, it was corrected. Congrats on the slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting starts on the 17th.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll ask Kim at USPSA. They normally post a discount code for the match hotel. The more people that book at the match hotel the more price reduction USPSA gets for conference rooms etc. for meetings and prize ceremonies.

Edited by BritinUSA

I just received a response from Kim regarding the match hotel. They are still checking out some hotels and it final decision will be announced on the Nationals web-site soon. The reason for the delay is to ensure that the membership gets the best possible deal. So it will be worth the wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Friday, October 8, 2010

Registration 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Orleans Hotel

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shooter’s Meeting 7:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Range

Competition Begins 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Range

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Monday, October 11, 2010

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Competition Continues 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Range

Award Ceremony 8:00 p.m. - Finished Orleans Hotel

Prize Distribution Immediately Following Awards Orleans Hotel

This is the schedule from last year. Nothing firm yet but I would imagine the format will be the same. Reg Friday afternoon, Shooting Sat-Tues AM with Awards Tuesday PM. The awards start late in the evening and normally run a couple hours including the prize table so don't plan on going to the awards and hopping a flight the same night.

On the days that you shot.. did you get out by 5:30? ( have to plan for entertainment for the wife...)

On the days that you shot.. did you get out by 5:30? ( have to plan for entertainment for the wife...)

It runs as a half day schedule. Morning or afternoon. On your morning days, your out around lunch time. On the PM side, 5:30 is scheduled quittting time. Last year we ran well ahead of time. But there are no guarantees. Weather, props breaking, Troy stacking up the golf cart again, all are things that could slow your match down by a bit. I normally don't plan anything I can't get out of for the days I shoot in the afternoon. You probably won't find squadding till a lot closer to the match.

Do you alternate between mornings and afternoons or is your squad always morning or always afternoon? I'm sorry for all the newb questions but thanks for the help.