Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mag. limit in heavy tactical. 20 rd or what you bring.

Yes sir, there is a 20 round limit.

I JUST uploaded a copy of the rules to the website. It's improperly hidden under the "application" tab, just like the match announcement.

If you can't get to it through the site shoot me an email at Jeremy@ar15targets.com and I'll send you a copy directly.

Only a few days left to register with the discount applied for early registration. Make sure yall get your apps in! Regular registration is extended until the match day or until the match is full

Mine will be in the mail in the morning, thanks for the reminder.

Hi,

Thinking about this one.

table gets visited by overall combined score?

thanks.

Mike, the way we are scoring is by adding up times from all 8 stages, lowest total time wins. In the extremely impossible chance there is a tie down to the millisecond the tie breaker stage will dictate who wins.

There are 3 divisions, Tactical, Limited, and Heavy.

Assuming Tactical has the most people, followed by Limited, then Heavy with the least people. The PRIMARY prize table will be visited by first place Tactical, then first place Limited, then first place Heavy, then second place Tactical, second place Limited, Second place Heavy... And so on and so forth until there is nothing left.

The SECONDARY prize table will be by random drawing. So everyone that didn't win a firearm on the PRIMARY table has an equal chance of winning a trip to this table. We are however EXCLUDING people that won a firearm from the PRIMARY table from taking a firearm from the SECONDARY table. The purpose of the secondary table is to give people are not as competitive of shooters a chance to take home an awesome prize. (Currently the primary table has about 12 firearms, and the secondary about 3 firearms).

** However, if you win first tactical and first limited, you will be able to win two firearms, the only restrictions are on the secondary random table.***

Hope that answers your question :)

Hmm...that seems a little strange. If a guy, for example, is one of eight shooters in Heavy Metal and (again as an example) his total time is 5,000.2 seconds...he will go to the table 24th, even though there are 200 Tactical shooters who beat him like a rented mule.

Might want to set up three prize tables, weighted by the number of shooters like every other match tends to do...

Alex

Actually Alex, if he came in 24th using the assigned equipment, then he wasn't beaten like a rented mule by the shooters of the other divisions, just the ones in his division.

Its much like you cannot fairly assign an overall winner of the match with separately recognized divisions, how do you fairly compare different equipment. If you think you'd be better off in a smaller division then shoot that division, its your choice.

Trapr

Actually, if the 200th place (and last) guy in Tactical has a match score of 500 seconds and the 8th place (and last) guy in Heavy Metal has a match score of 5 million seconds, then the guy in Heavy Metal was beat like a rented mule. However, the guy at the WAY tail end of HM goes 24th and the guy in Tactical goes 216 (assuming 200 Tactical, 8 Limited, 8 HM for the point of discussion).

Separate prize tables.

Or "Top 3" and random draw.

Or "combined" BY SCORE.

Or $20 entry and no prize tables :)

This "go to the table alternating Divisions" concept means that although you are scored separately, you are ranked in strict order of finish without regard for actual score by combined Division. This rewards Division shopping, not competence.

Alex

I like the random draw, and I think it is important to remember that in order to have a match you need some rented mules to show up and shoot, and you will get more of us if we have a chance at a prize, other wise we might just think we are making a charitable donation to the prizes of the BigDawgs.

If you really think the Heavy Metal guy is getting a deal shoot Heavy Metal. I'm shooting Tactical, and at the end of the day I just hope I have as much fun as I think I'm going to. GiddieUpGo.

All This talk! :sight: of prize table winnings,,, a waste of your time and effort,

Why!!

:roflol: "I'm almost ready to unleash myself on the 3 gun scene" :roflol:

That prize table in mine!

I hope they don't misspell my name. :goof:

Edited by M ammo

I like the random draw, and I think it is important to remember that in order to have a match you need some rented mules to show up and shoot, and you will get more of us if we have a chance at a prize, other wise we might just think we are making a charitable donation to the prizes of the BigDawgs.

If you really think the Heavy Metal guy is getting a deal shoot Heavy Metal. I'm shooting Tactical, and at the end of the day I just hope I have as much fun as I think I'm going to. GiddieUpGo.

Random draw perhaps, but certainly not by overall place finish. If it's by overall then the hardest divisions to do well at (heavy metal, he-man, trooper, whatever they're calling them) should certainly go first over say open. If overall finish is used then a separate prize table for each division is a must, but that means you have to have a super rich sponsorship.

I forgot to add - :sight:

Edited by Steve J

Random draw perhaps, but certainly not by overall place finish. If it's by overall then the hardest divisions to do well at (heavy metal, he-man, trooper, whatever they're calling them) should certainly go first over say open. If overall finish is used then a separate prize table for each division is a must, but that means you have to have a super rich sponsorship.

I forgot to add - :sight:

Setting up a difficulty factor of what is more difficult.

The fire storm, that brings, :unsure::wacko: is a subject that will never settle. Kind of the "chicken and the egg" and what is more important "speed or accuracy"

Sure irons area more skill intensive, but in tac optic you have more competition all around in numbers.

And, and, and just like some folks that think 3 gun should have one set of rules for the world. :sick:

Good luck with that.

Do the best you can to be fair. Is all I can ask,

This "go to the table alternating Divisions" concept means that although you are scored separately, you are ranked in strict order of finish without regard for actual score by combined Division. This rewards Division shopping, not competence.

Well, looks like a pretty good way to encourage participation in the "smaller" divisions.

Lee

The whole shopping divisions thing holds no water, it exists no matter how you decide to do a prize table, some will shoot in a larger division knowing that the prize table will be richer at 50th, with a 70% score than at 5th, with a 90% score, in a smaller division, its still division shopping!!!

I look at it as a way of increasing numbers in divisions that have suffered from that type of activity. You still have the choice of shooting in the smaller division if you choose just like the rest of us have the choice of shooting in the larger division for the "normally" deeper prize table, yet we still shoot our favored division because we like the challenge.

A MD will not please everyone, let them run the match how they want. If it works they'll do it again if not hopefully they can adapt and try again.

Trapr

I am the rented MULE I will pay my $190.00 and shoot Limited and Heavy and I have never shot iron sights in a match.As long as I have been shooting this game I have on rare occasion ever won back what I spent.Beats the Hell outa sittin at home wishin ya hadn't been such a tight ass and went ahead and shot regardles of Prizes and who wants to miss Tye playin with somebodys Ass or Bennie remarkin "dickhead"!or Kurt loading Left handed quicker than the eye can see or Trapprs wisdom.But as CocoBolo said I will have had fun by the end of the day and gathered much knowledge,useless or not :devil:

Edited by curly

Why is the world is everyone worried about prize tables already! sheesh. If you are shooting for the prize table already then I believe you are shooting for the wrong reason to begin with.

If the MD has set the rules for the match and how prizes are awarded and you don't agree with it then don't shoot the match and ask for a refund.

If you agree with the rules then sign up for what ever division you want to shoot in, do your very best and let the rest shake and fall where it must.

Personally if I do good enough to get something good from the table then I have done well, If I don't get something not so great then it proves to me that I need to do better and improve on my skills or work on my equipment. Sounds pretty plain and simple to me.

After all, Aren't we all shooting for the fun of it?

Hey guys. There is a lot of discussion about the prize table, and I honestly don't think anyone has said anything contrary to what we were thinking when we set it up.

There are a million different ways we came up with that we could run the prize table.

We ended up using this system because we felt it would appeal to the most amount of people. It is after all, our goal to make this event as much fun as possible for everyone that chooses to participate. The stages are suppose to be challenging, exciting, unique and fun, then on top of that you might get some goodies!

I think B_Ayers kinda summed it all up though, we feel the match will be "fair" if everyone is aware of the rules and guidelines we are using before the match. It is then up to the potential participant to evaluate how they can maximize their own experience at the event within those guidelines :)

We may opt to change things up for our next event, or it may turn out that this worked perfectly, but we as match directors learn from our experiences directing just as the participants learn from their experiences participating.

Nothing would make me happier then to receiver an email/real mail/singing telegram from every single participant after this match with their opinions, what worked, what didn't, their suggestions and thoughts. That means that people care enough to take their time to share their own thoughts with us!

Since this is the first time we are hosting an event of this magnitude at this range, it was with fairly short notice, and all of the vendors and manufacturers are gearing up for SHOT show, it has been extremely difficult to get in touch with any of the public relations or marketing people to even discuss prizes, much less get them on board with our program.

With that said I feel I need to point out that there are a handful of companies I contacted that made it easy to work with them. One exceptional company that I can not say enough about that stepped up and helped us out immensely is STI International. They have put nearly 10 of their own firearms on the table and have proven to me that their customer service and corporate involvement in the sport follows in line with their awesome products!

See ya'll at the match and happy shooting!

I'm going to ware one of my STI shirts to the match , just out of respect :bow:

Oh can you please confirn if it will be OK to park a camper trailer at the event?

I may bring my 5th wheel just so I can shoot the night match too .

Edited by AlamoShooter