Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

Applications for the 2011 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship are posted for returning shooters (Application Page). If you have shot the match before, you have a seven day window to send in your applications before the new shooter apps go online. New shooters should check the website next Tuesday for their applications. Match fees have increased because we are covering room expenses for our ROs beginning this year. We will probably have some openings on our RO staff, so if you are interested send me an email with a brief list of your RO experience.

The match is held over the natural terrain of Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY. For those new to the BRM3G, the match is a little more physically demanding and has a slightly higher round count than many 3-gun matches. However, we try to have a good time, and we are going back underground this year!

If you don’t have a room reserved on site, you should call Park Mammoth Lodge very soon. Their number is on the Links page of BRM3G.COM.

Rules have been changed to allow 1X optics (red-dot sights) in Tactical Iron and Heavy Metal classes. This establishes rules that are the same as at FB3G this year. I am going to give this rule a couple of years to see if participation in these two classes increase and reevaluate at the end of the period.

Another rifle will be raffled off to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Only 200 tickets are going to be available at $20 each on a first come first served basis, so order them on your application.

Plus, another auction is being planned to raise additional funds for the WWP. Last year’s efforts raised just over $20,000 for our injured servicemen, and hopefully, we will be even more successful in 2011.

If you have any questions, email me at afh3g@yahoo.com.

Merry Christmas,

Andy

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those Horners define persistance!!! Surefire may see a spurt in "torch" sales...

We have progressed far beyond the flashlight.

I'm looking for some NVG!

:roflol:

I love how Andy says "this match is a little more physically demanding than most."

App. and $$ will be in the mail tomorrow...

'Crossing international borders so it may take a couple o' days longer to arrive, but it's comin' for sure.

'Hope to see some familiar faces again :cheers:

Edited by Gaoler

I'm sorry. Did I read that app. right? $295 before Feb. 15th and $325 after.....? Well.......I thought I was actually going to try and shoot this match this year but for $300?!? Does that include my own personal reset and pasting fairy?!? If not my wife said she would rather me spend that money on crack and hookers! :roflol:

I just printed the app and will have it in the mail in the morning, but I had to comment on the great taste in photos displayed on this year's home page. The PR Manager for BRM3G is obviously talented...

I could not agree more and think it is eapecially clever how they knew which shooters to picture with firearms in hand and which to not..... :roflol:

I'm sorry. Did I read that app. right? $295 before Feb. 15th and $325 after.....? Well.......I thought I was actually going to try and shoot this match this year but for $300?!? Does that include my own personal reset and pasting fairy?!? If not my wife said she would rather me spend that money on crack and hookers! :roflol:

Whiskey must be cheaper in AL. Heck I swallowed at least $50 of Makers Mark while at the match............ :cheers:

Filling out our apps now.

Called in to get a room at the Resort and we are number 2 on the waiting list... Good grief.

'Booked my room weeks ago... As soon as the date for the 2011 match was posted...

Why can't I plan ahead like that with other stuff and not just shootin' :D

Filling out our apps now.

Called in to get a room at the Resort and we are number 2 on the waiting list... Good grief.

I booked my room before I left last year. I have seriously considered just bringing a tent and camping out on the ridge. After a full day of shooting and setting targets, I am rather confident the ground would sleep fine but then we know it does rain there....