Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot vs 3 Gun Nation

dirtybomb

Top Shot. 3 Gun Nation is boring. It's like watching a match. If I'm there, I want to be shooting. Top Shot is entertaining because of the personalities and people.

I know a lot of guys here love 3 Gun Nation, but I can do without it. I love shooting 3 gun, but watching it on TV like a spectator sport just makes me wish I was out shooting instead of watching TV.

3GN for sure. I have not shot 3G yet, hopefully some day. So I love watching the show. I like that it's just competition. Plus, I like watching Mark Wills and his training with some of the pros. Nothing earth shattering to learn, but always cool to see guys like Travis Tomassie giving tips.

Of course this isn't saying I won't watch Top Shot 2 when it airs.....I just like watching 3 Gun Nation a whole lot more.

3 Gun Nation - hopefully they get more sponsors so it isn't just Surefire and FN taking up the whole 24 minutes.

Hopefully they can get play time when people are actually watching television next year.

I understand that both of these things are factors beyond the producers' control, they aren't complaints by any means.

Edited by DyNo!

both. getting our shooting sports on tv is good. Im looking forward to 3GN being on at a more reasonable time next season tho. I never got to watch a single episode on tv, had to watch them all on the internet.

both. getting our shooting sports on tv is good. Im looking forward to 3GN being on at a more reasonable time next season tho. I never got to watch a single episode on tv, had to watch them all on the internet.

+1 I enjoyed both although it was a lot harder to watch 3GN due to the scheduling.I enjoy watching all the shooting shows

Top Shot was way too Survivor for me.

I was severely questioning the ability level of several of that show's participants (I'll compete against Andre in pistol shooting anyday with my strong hand tied behind my back) and the manner in which the challenges were set up. "Top Shot" was not a good name for the show and I'd venture to say the winner was not the best shooter.

I only watched 1 episode of 3GN...but liked it a hell of a lot more.

3 Gun Nation - hopefully they get more sponsors so it isn't just Surefire and FN taking up the whole 24 minutes.

+1 on the small amount of actual shooting. but that's the sponsors $$. and get rid of the training for mark.

top shot was gay, won't be watching that unless they get to actual shooting challenges. tossing an axe and the "survivor" crap, while entertaining, ain't what i wanna spend my dvr on.

3 Gun Nation. Like as was already said, Top Shot was way too "survivor-esque". But since I was at 4 of the 5 events featured in 3GN, I know there was a whole lot more going on at these events than what was shown or even alluded to in the episodes. I would like to see them broaden the scope of the show to show more 3 gun shooting instead of just interviewing the same people over and over again. This show, and the idea behind it, is to draw attention to our sport, and our sport is about shooting, not on camera interviews. I've shot for more than a few years now and I've never been interviewed during a stage... <_< 23 minutes per episode and 15 minutes of it was Taran or Mike or Jerry or whoever being interviewed, 2 minutes of shooting, and the rest is Mark Willis (sp?) at Ft Benning getting tips. I like the idea of the show, just try this season to actually show some 3 gun shooting instead of talking. Show the quality of the stages, the distances involved, an overlay on the screen of the diagram and how the shooter engages the targets, and definately some gun cam footage. In other words, and I might be getting a little repetative here, but SHOW SOME MORE ACTUAL SHOOTING.

3GN... Nice to see some different match venues and the overall show is pretty good. Would like to show more of the stages being run but they seem to get better and better with that.

Top Shot....Too Much Drama....nuf said.

Since there's precious little actual shooting TV as it is (I don't count hunting shows), I'll take what I can get. I'd prefer to simply see "USPSA TV" that covered a different match each week, but I'll take TG and Shooting USA til that comes along.

3 Gun Nation. Like as was already said, Top Shot was way too "survivor-esque". But since I was at 4 of the 5 events featured in 3GN, I know there was a whole lot more going on at these events than what was shown or even alluded to in the episodes. I would like to see them broaden the scope of the show to show more 3 gun shooting instead of just interviewing the same people over and over again. This show, and the idea behind it, is to draw attention to our sport, and our sport is about shooting, not on camera interviews. I've shot for more than a few years now and I've never been interviewed during a stage... <_< 23 minutes per episode and 15 minutes of it was Taran or Mike or Jerry or whoever being interviewed, 2 minutes of shooting, and the rest is Mark Willis (sp?) at Ft Benning getting tips. I like the idea of the show, just try this season to actually show some 3 gun shooting instead of talking. Show the quality of the stages, the distances involved, an overlay on the screen of the diagram and how the shooter engages the targets, and definately some gun cam footage. In other words, and I might be getting a little repetative here, but SHOW SOME MORE ACTUAL SHOOTING.

Myabe it's your personality, I got interviewed :devil:

Edited by smokshwn

Yes Both,,

I hope that Both show more shooting,,,

and in 3 Gun nation show more,, people not %100 the pro's,,, Lots of good folks in 3 gun.

And showing the pro's all the time Will scare off new shooters. That think,,, I can’t shoot with those guys,,

When the truth is,, Yes you Can shoot with those guys!

Edited by M ammo

I was thoroughly disappointed with Top Shot...on average, the challenges were not hard enough and the weapons used were very repetitive (and poor selections in my opinion). I was also unimpressed with the shooters' levels (not that I could do better, just that if a TV show is going to claim "Top Shot" then the shooters better be awesome).

Even though we have the opportunity to go to many of the matches seen on 3GN, rarely do we get such a close up look at the best in the game. Watching how they attacked different stages etc etc was fun. Like Ken said, the quality of the program could be expanded greatly if the show had an hr run time....with only 30 minutes of show (with about 8 of that being commercials) it's impossible for the directors to cover even half of the stuff that was going....would like to see more stuff covered if the money is there to do so.

Edited by GorillaTactical