Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass prices...

LSP972

What's the going rate, per fired case, for once-fired .45ACP commercial brass... specifically, Winchester yellow brass?

Not much info out there... or else I've been looking in the wrong places.

I have a large surplus that a local fellow wants to trade me; I need a reasonable figure to compute the trade value of this stuff.

TIA...

Edited by LSP972

I generally see anywhere from $70 to $80ish for 1000 peices from "sites" that have fully processed brass. Some including sizing and depriming are around $100 per 1k.

Matt

That's kinda high. I wouldn't pay over $60 to include shipping which is 10.50 flate rate.

Once fired unclean.

I really wouldn't consider that especially when trading. Value it lower.

I generally see anywhere from $70 to $80ish for 1000 peices from "sites" that have fully processed brass. Some including sizing and depriming are around $100 per 1k.

Matt

Powder Valley has .45 for $68 per thousand.

With what I am seeing from you guys, it explains why I sold the 45 in favor of the 40. I guess I needed to find different suppliers and I would have kept the 45.

BTW, These prices were for sorted, and clean to high shine.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get all of my brass once fired for free after law enforcement quals at local range. 9 mm, 40.,45 and 223....(by the 5 gallon bucket)

Well, that doesn't really help the OP with his question now does it? :lol:

I wish I had an endless brass fountain like that. :D

In response: 5 pennies is all you should have to pay for fired range sweeps. This way the undesireable stuff can be wasted. I plan on spending up to 8 cents as a high average. I do not factor polishing time/cost when I talk brass, as it is insignificant. I sell mixed 1K@80$US in a FRM(+$10.50) for instance. I can get 1K a week from my local range. After the last ammo scare, why not bank it in the rafters?