Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from North Carolina

admRSX

Hey guys. My names Andrew. I have discovered in the past couple months through a friend the world of competitive shooting. After watching my friend compete at a match, I knew that it was something I had to be a part of. This past weekend I shot my first USPSA match with him and I cant get enough. I am competing with a Beretta 92F shooting production. I literally had the time of my life. I was told that this site was the place to go for any and everything I would ever need to know. So here I am to learn, improve my skills as a marksman, and socialize with many great shooters who all share the same passion.

Edited by admRSX

What part of our great state are you located in? Have you taken the plunge and joined the USPSA?

Welcome to the site from another North Carolinian. What part of the state are you from?

I live just outside Elkin, NC. North western part of the state off I77.

I would have already joined the USPSA but the past couple weeks I have been pressed for cash. Between ammo and paying off college. But I plan on joining within the next month at the latest. It really stinks because I want the match I just shot to count as a qualifier. I was told that the match would count up until 10 days after if I could join by then.

The Toys For Tots match (that I am participating in) is at Mid Carolina Rifle Club (near Columbia SC) on the 11th of December. It was full last I saw on the website, but they have a waiting list.

Upon further review, it seems that the shooting bays for MCRC are closed due to the TFT event starting on Dec. 8th-11th. So it may well be the match that you were referring to. It fills up pretty quick, as it is a popular match, well organized, and fun.

I hope that things work out for you soon to join the sport shooting associations you want (USPSA, IDPA, etc...) and be able to shoot matches on a regular basis.

Edited by Blueridge

From Elkin, the closest USPSA matches would be ...

Sir Raleigh on the 1st Sat, Salisbury on the 2nd Sat, Caswell on the 3rd Sat, Statesville on the 3rd Sunday. Not sure if there is anything in the northwest NC on the 4th Sat.

If you want to try Spartanburg (SC 1st and 4th Sat), let me know. We can meet outside Charlotte and you can ride the last half of the way.

First welcome! If money is a little tight and you want to get the most "bang for your buck" you might want to see when clubs are holding their classifier match. I know Sir Walter traditionally does one in March, I'm sure other clubs do something similar. If you are looking for places to shoot be sure to check out:

http://www.ncsection.org/

:cheers:

Sent a PM

Rock Hill USPSA match cancelled for Thanksgiving, sorry....

BUT, the Steel Challenge match, Dec 4th, is still on. Come out and try your hand!

Dang that really sucks. Wish I had of got the memo. We defanitely drove 2 hrs to see an empty range.

facepalm.jpg

Sir Walter in the A.M.!!!

Looking forward to you shooting with us at Sir Walter, as Shooter rob said always a great match, Martin, Ian, Bill and crew are top notch and we are fortunate to have them. We get a State Championship level 2 match every month

Edited by John Z Sr