Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady bullet feeder

Looks like there's no micro switch to activate the bullet feeder like Mr Bullet Feeder uses. I'm guessing it just keeps turning and when the spring tube is full of bullets all the way up more bullets just don't enter, or am I missing something?

Looks like there's no micro switch to activate the bullet feeder like Mr Bullet Feeder uses. I'm guessing it just keeps turning and when the spring tube is full of bullets all the way up more bullets just don't enter, or am I missing something?

I missed that but looks like you're right, Maybe they figure we will be faster then it is :D but if I'm able to come up with one think I'll add a piece of tube with a switch for $2.50.

Looks like it fixes one of the two common gripes I have heard with the RCBS. One is the plastic fingers in the die wearing/going out of adjustment. Hornady's looks more robust. The second looks like it might still be a problem. Which is that it doesn't look like it can keep up with a faster reloading rate. 

People don't want a bullet feeder because they are lazy, they want more loaded rounds for the same investment of time. 

Lead and or Moly might probably work, but require regular cleaning, just like the other bulletfeeders

MA systems builds one, i built one similar that I used on my cast bullet sizer

I've got one from MA systems, it's not the cast bullet it's the lube that is the problem. I use a semi soft lube and if I get a few specks in the system it can foul things up. Talked with the gentleman from Mr. Bulletfeeder a while back and he suggested a dusting of mica if I wanted to feed lubed bullets to a press

The video shows no die in the 5th station. You can easily just put the powder check in the 3rd position, bullet feeder in the 4th and crimp die in the 5th.

The deal breaker for me is no powder check die.

You're forgetting the seating die. The bullet feeder does not seat the bullets as far as I can tell...

Not using a separate crimp die from the seating die would be a deal breaker for me, but then I can probably live without the lock out die.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, fess up... Anybody order one yet? :cheers:

I have one on order. It is expected to be in stock first week of December. I'm going to mount it between these two.

http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=749 So I ordered two adapters, one side is 9 major the other 38 Super Comp, same bulltets.

Who did you order through, and who said first week of december ? I thought I was told by a buddy that Hornady told him Late winter Early spring.. :blink:

First week of December would be sweet.. The wife said she's getting me a case feeder for Christmas, so now my casefeeder money can pick up one of these! :cheers: