Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Bench

JxMAN25

here is my reloading bench i made last weekend. My dad isnt a carpenter but he is good at watching and holding things, :rolleyes: It dosent wable or flex and its level, (what more could you want in a $50 bench anyways)I got it all loaded up now aswell. you cant really tell by the pic but there is a half shelf under the table. Well here are the pics, what do you guys think? jesse

bench001.jpg

bench002.jpg

in the picture it looks rather small but its around 65"x30". i wish i had a whole room to utilize as a work/reloading room but i just put the bench in my room. my room has 6 walls, it is kind of a upside down L shape. do you guys put anything down over tge table to protect it? i just threw down a peice of leather, is there a cheap place to buy a gun mat?

Great looking bench, Jesse! :cheers:

Much better looking than mine (I made mine from old scrap, for functionality, definitely not looks!). I use an old entertainment center for brass, powder and bullet storage. The tool heads for my 550 fit where the TV used to go, powder in the cabinet part, bullets in the glass door part.

Edited by GrumpyOne

Alright, someone has to say it and it might as well be me. What the hell happened to the upper right hand shelf under the Zip powder? :rolleyes: Was this area measured or assembled after a few too many pops? I only ask because I've been a victim of the "I cut it twice and it is still too short" club more than I care to admit. <_<

I'm just teasin' ya. The bench and shelf look great. Like others have stated, you will out grow it shortly.

:cheers:

Alright, someone has to say it and it might as well be me. What the hell happened to the upper right hand shelf under the Zip powder? :rolleyes: Was this area measured or assembled after a few too many pops? I only ask because I've been a victim of the "I cut it twice and it is still too short" club more than I care to admit. <_<

I'm just teasin' ya. The bench and shelf look great. Like others have stated, you will out grow it shortly.

:cheers:

I new someone would eventually comment on it. i measured the htings like 5 times and they got screwed up twice. both times they were off by like an inch. I ran out of 2x6s and had to make it work. i really should of put a few coates of polyurithane on the shelves to make it match the bench but oh well. thanks guys, Jesse

in the picture it looks rather small but its around 65"x30". i wish i had a whole room to utilize as a work/reloading room but i just put the bench in my room. my room has 6 walls, it is kind of a upside down L shape. do you guys put anything down over tge table to protect it? i just threw down a peice of leather, is there a cheap place to buy a gun mat?

I bought a mat from Brownells: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1274/Product/BENCH_FIELD_GUN_MAT

I have the number 3 and have been pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...