Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The year being over

tgford58

OK, I minor rant. Yes, I still shoot in my back yard and yes, many of the friends I have made along the way come over or stay in touch. But I hate that the competition year if over until February. I enjoy the planning, dissecting stage drawings, checking my equipment. All of the preparation and excitement reminds me of when I was young and Christmas was near. So, I hate that this year is done but thrilled that next year is just a few months away.

One of my IDPA clubs shoots year round. The other has a November match and a January match. My home USPSA club had a January match last year also. This is in Massachusetts. Hartford (CT) even had a sanctioned IDPA match last January. If you want a match to shoot, volunteer to be the MD. :cheers:

OK, I minor rant. Yes, I still shoot in my back yard and yes, many of the friends I have made along the way come over or stay in touch. But I hate that the competition year if over until February. I enjoy the planning, dissecting stage drawings, checking my equipment. All of the preparation and excitement reminds me of when I was young and Christmas was near. So, I hate that this year is done but thrilled that next year is just a few months away.

Go South, young man...

Lots of shooting in Florida all winter long:)

If you guys in Fort Wayne need to lighten up-----If you want to really see Winter. This February hop in your car (a four wheel drive truck would be better) and drive about 9 or 10 hours at about 70 mph straight North.

If you can find my house in the snow banks you are welcome to stop by. :cheers:

If you guys in Fort Wayne need to lighten up-----If you want to really see Winter. This February hop in your car (a four wheel drive truck would be better) and drive about 9 or 10 hours at about 70 mph straight North.

If you can find my house in the snow banks you are welcome to stop by. :cheers:

I don't think so, I'll stick with the Indiana kind. I did 4 years North of Minneapolis. I would have started this rant in early September and not gotten out to shoot until May. At least I have some hope for spring.

You guys from upper MI are tougher than me.