Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

I think im going to order the 3gungear side saddle for 930 JM, im still kicking around the extra two by the loading port. Im looking at the GGG sling mounts, the HK style ones, they are not that obtrusive when not using a sling. its not often I have needed a sling for shotgunning, I have a couple already that would work well to attach when I encounter a stage where transitioning from shotty to pistol is acceptable with a sling to save time. Whats the consensus here on slings on shotguns? I sure hope my gun shoots slugs to Point of Aim when I get it. Any comments on the stock recoil pad? is it good, can it be upgraded easily? The Ironman has something listed like bring 125 slugs, plus 25rds of buckshot, case of bird shot. That sounds like a bruise fest to me, so trying to get ahead of the curve. Does anyone make a 5rd buttstock shell carrier other than uncle mikes?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think im going to order the 3gungear side saddle for 930 JM, im still kicking around the extra two by the loading port. Im looking at the GGG sling mounts, the HK style ones, they are not that obtrusive when not using a sling. its not often I have needed a sling for shotgunning, I have a couple already that would work well to attach when I encounter a stage where transitioning from shotty to pistol is acceptable with a sling to save time. Whats the consensus here on slings on shotguns? I sure hope my gun shoots slugs to Point of Aim when I get it. Any comments on the stock recoil pad? is it good, can it be upgraded easily? The Ironman has something listed like bring 125 slugs, plus 25rds of buckshot, case of bird shot. That sounds like a bruise fest to me, so trying to get ahead of the curve. Does anyone make a 5rd buttstock shell carrier other than uncle mikes?

Low recoil slugs and buckshot.

Low recoil slugs and buckshot.

im about 50/50 on what I have on hand, some older winchester full power, fire breathin stuff and some newer Federal Low Recoil, my luck, the Winchester will shoot POA, and not so much with the softer shooting stuff. Im going to test and whatever shoots best, will be what I buy more of.

Hello guys can any one tell me how can I get one of the 930 from benny( im new to this discucion) thanks in advance

Check out the vendor section under Triangle Shooting sports. He's got a site and you can send him an email asking anything you want.

Hello guys can any one tell me how can I get one of the 930 from benny( im new to this discucion) thanks in advance

Check out the vendor section under Triangle Shooting sports. He's got a site and you can send him an email asking anything you want.

thank you ill do so I just got my permit now is time to go shoot..... Edited by g929

Picked up my JM today, then straight to the range to feel her out.

The first thing I noticed was the ultra soft butt stock pad. It was a little tacky (not sticky). It hung on my shirt as I would dismount the shotgun. I will need to come up with a solution to correct that. Either tape or training, something will need to be corrected.

Second I threw on a belt with 3 Man Mountain Engineering Shot Shell Caddy's. Well my usual sucky 8.5 second shoot - load 8 - shoot, went to about 13 seconds. I guess a little more practice is in order with the JM.

I then threw in 5 slugs (Remington reduced recoil). I then screwed in a brand new Briley LM Spectra extended. All 5 slugs went into the 8" A-zone of an IDPA target at 50 yards. I was quite impressed. I will not be changing the sights anytime soon.

I did get my thumb nail shaved by the lifter. I was on the clock trying to speed up an uncomfortable "load8" drill. I never got it pinched. I will be checking to make sure there is nothing there that can shave me in the future.

I am still amazed at how out of the box accurate the slugs were. Trigger is crisp. I am used to nicer triggers. This is pretty darn good trigger for stock. Like any of my other dislikes, nothing a dose of cash won’t fix. Very excited to have this in my collection. Looking forward to tons of aftermarket goodies that are sure to follow when available.

I know that welded lifters get used in Benellis. Why is a welded-up lifter desirable in a 930?

I eventually sent my lifter to C-RUMS for welding, put it back in tonite. Now I KNOW why so many have this done....definitely worth it!

I know that welded lifters get used in Benellis. Why is a welded-up lifter desirable in a 930?

I eventually sent my lifter to C-RUMS for welding, put it back in tonite. Now I KNOW why so many have this done....definitely worth it!

YOU know, but you haven't shared the secret with us. <_<

YOU know, but you haven't shared the secret with us. <_<

While I improved my weak hand reload to minimize catching my thumb on the fork of the lifter, it still grabbed me every now n then. There seems to be no chance of that with the solid lifter.

In reguards to the lifter, do I have to send someone mine and have it extended or just order a longer one?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, the only game in town is:

Jeff Cockrum

C-RUMS LLC

1924 S Farm Rd 241

Rogersvile MO 65742

(417) 753-2707

(417-818-5300 mobile

www.c-rums.com

jeff@c-rums.com

I would describe the work as excellent, and apparently Benny Hill uses C-RUMS, which satisfies me.

In reguards to the lifter, do I have to send someone mine and have it extended or just order a longer one?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, the only game in town is:

Jeff Cockrum

C-RUMS LLC

1924 S Farm Rd 241

Rogersvile MO 65742

(417) 753-2707

(417-818-5300 mobile

www.c-rums.com

jeff@c-rums.com

I would describe the work as excellent, and apparently Benny Hill uses C-RUMS, which satisfies me.

Many thanks.

Can anyone comment on why I might want c-rums to cut a slot in the lifter vs no slot?

Bump. Need this info as well.

The slot lightens the lifter a bit but more importantly, it allows you to push a shell back in the mag tube should you have a runaway mag dump.

One shell goes between the bolt and the lifter and another is part way out of the mag tube and stuck above the lifter.

The slot allows you to push them back in the mag tube with a screwdriver blade or something thin.

Take care,

Dave

A buddy of mine picked up the 22" JM a couple weeks ago and he has been having problems. He is going to call Mossberg tomorrow (they are closed today?) I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issues and what the problem may be. He has had a few stuck shells (6or7) the extractor is actually ripping the rim of the shell and we have to use a rod to pop the spent shell out. I tried honing the chamber a bit, but still the same problem. This is with both Winchester and Federal ammo, but both have the aluminum (silver) base.

Other problem is that a few times, the lifter has gotten stuck in the up postition over the shell latch on the ejection port side. I am kind of thinking this may be an issue with tolerance stacking or something. His brother and father both have 930s, another JM and one we built up, neither have had these problems. He is up to about 250 rounds so far.

Any ideas? I don't want to scare anybody away from these, I will still be buying one as soon as I find one...

E.T.A. My buddy called Mossberg, they are sending him a shipping label...

Edited by shooting for M

My 8 plus 1, came today, picked up in time to run around 20 old various rag tag shells through it with out a hitch, right out of the box no cleaning, no oil, good job mossberg. like it very well. $567 with shipping from Grabagun ordered 2nd, emailed ffl the 3rd, delivered by fedex by lunch the 9th nice job grabagun.

I have one of the 24" guns and it was used all last week by 8 friends from Great Britain. The all shared the gun running Winchester Universal, Federal Bulk pack, hunting loads, various slugs, and some Federal Flite Control Buckshot and the gun never failed once......then we shot a 3 gun match and 4 of the Brits shared the JM 930 and it still ran perfect. So did my built 930, but this gun was right out of the box! One of my local dealers even had the 22" model on the shelf for $449!!!

I have one of the 24" guns and it was used all last week by 8 friends from Great Britain. The all shared the gun running Winchester Universal, Federal Bulk pack, hunting loads, various slugs, and some Federal Flite Control Buckshot and the gun never failed once......then we shot a 3 gun match and 4 of the Brits shared the JM 930 and it still ran perfect. So did my built 930, but this gun was right out of the box! One of my local dealers even had the 22" model on the shelf for $449!!!

$449 ???

Wholesale is $500.

Something does not compute.

Gun is in demand so cannot believe dealer would sell at a loss.

Mark