Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

I've put on the mag extension, bolt handle, and clamp. Quick blog post about the easy stuff:

http://www.griffinshooting.com/2011/11/this-is-why-people-shouldnt-give-me.html

Nice article. How much shorter does the +6 measure then the 28" barrel

Perzackly 2 3/8". I need to find someone who knows how to weld, the lifter is a hungry thumb maw.

Matt

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my friend used some flat and round files and a dremel with sanding disc and some small stones. Yes I cut the forearm down also with sanding disc and the dremel

Now all I need to do is get my barrel threaded on my 930 SPX I was told that those barrels are good and thick Which is perfect for threading!

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Feegee Dean Matlock

I have two and a half complaints about this shotgun after messing with it all night. The front sight was installed badly, the rear mount screws were boogered up by whoever screwed them in, and the lifter has a habit of catching on the release if you don't hit it hard enough. I can fix two of those but the screws annoy me. It's my personal right to tear up the screws on my guns, the factory has denied me!

I have two and a half complaints about this shotgun after messing with it all night. The front sight was installed badly, the rear mount screws were boogered up by whoever screwed them in, and the lifter has a habit of catching on the release if you don't hit it hard enough. I can fix two of those but the screws annoy me. It's my personal right to tear up the screws on my guns, the factory has denied me!

That is a drag, no question. I recommend you call Mossberg and let them know. they seem to be developing a No-BS-fix-it-on-our-dime customer svc approach. Plus, they may not know of the problem if they don't hear back.

JMO,

Ben

Just as a clarification for my barrel order with chokes.

I first e-mailed Joe Zakher about ordering a non-ported barrel. He must have instructed a rep (Erica) to contact me to order. I believe my purchase price was in the $165-$170 range. I can't recall exactly right now. In my conversation with Erica, I asked her specifically if the barrel came with chokes to which she replied "Yes". I received my barrel a few weeks later with only a full choke. I followed up with an e-mail to Joe asking about the chokes which Erica confirmed, in my conversation with her, were part of my order. He replied to my e-mail that he would be sending my chokes shortly which I received within the week.

I have to re-iterate that I explicitly asked Erica if chokes came with the barrel. I personally feel the orders should be standardized. However, if you are not asking detailed questions about your order (i.e. "Does it come with chokes?") you can't expect something you did not explicitly order or ask about. Surely, a lot of this could be resolved if ordering was clear and standardized but because it is not a portion of the responsibility regarding the barrel orders should fall on the buyer. Just my opinion as a customer who for now is satisfied with my 930 and Mossberg customer service.

As for companies I am not completely satisfied with...

Has anyone gotten any type of resolution on the issue of Nordic Components extension tubes not allowing hand cycling of the rounds in the tube?

This issue along with problems I am having with my NC22 upper are getting me to believe that Nordic releases components that aren't reliable for some of their customers.

As for companies I am not completely satisfied with...

Has anyone gotten any type of resolution on the issue of Nordic Components extension tubes not allowing hand cycling of the rounds in the tube?

This issue along with problems I am having with my NC22 upper are getting me to believe that Nordic releases components that aren't reliable for some of their customers.

I'm not sure how the failure of a modified gun to hand cycle a round is is in any way Nordics fault. The extension tube doesn't come in contact or alter the operation of the mechanism in any way. Have you tried polishing the shell stop or adjusting the length of the magazine spring at all? Mine was doing this at first, but after a slight bevel and some liberal polishing in the right spots it immediately got easier. After 350 rounds or so it is much more likely to hand cycle than not. However, to avoid the possible distraction at MR, when staging is allowed, I just load the tube and lock the bolt back. When it's go time I pop a shell in the ejection port and hit the release. Works every time.

Edited to remove dumbness.

I'd be willing to bet that Nordic would be more than willing to help you with that upper also.

Edited by Kevin G.

Well the Mossberg 930 SPX did not have the hand cycling issue with the Choate extension that came from the factory and the mag spring length is the shortest Nordic recommends. I will try polishing later or hopefully more fired rounds will alleviate the issue, but the gun worked fine before the addition of the Nordic extension.

As for the NC22 upper, Nordic is helping me but I was not happy to hear that I had to send it back to them on my own dime. Especially, after they offered to initially send me a newly designed and improved bolt for the NC22 upper but for some reason retracted the offer immediately after said offer was sent. As much as I paid for the upper, hoping for some better help with with malfunction issues.

It is not the nordic tube but the thicker coil recoil spring putting more presser against the shells.

Are you talking about the magazine tube spring? If so, where can I get a replacement spring that would work better? Thanks.

It is not the nordic tube but the thicker coil recoil spring putting more presser against the shells.

There does seem to be an internal diameter difference between the Nordic tube and the Mossberg mag tube, with the Nordic a hair larger. I had to bevel the inner edge of the Mossy tube to allow clean transition at the meeting place.

There does seem to be an internal diameter difference between the Nordic tube and the Mossberg mag tube, with the Nordic a hair larger. I had to bevel the inner edge of the Mossy tube to allow clean transition at the meeting place.

Can anyone give a breakdown summary of the areas I may need to bevel or polish to get my shotgun to work with the nordic tube?

Just checked out a 935 at walmart and looks like it'll need some polishing. The lifter moves side to side also. Is that normal? What do you guys use to polish? Should I expect the 930 I order to seem a little lacking in quality also?

...Should I expect the 930 I order to seem a little lacking in quality also?

It is a $400-$450 semiauto shotgun, made in the US. The 930s run very well as issued, they shoulder well and handle well. Quality of finish will be less than a $1,200 semiauto shotgun, and you should reasonably expect that.

...Should I expect the 930 I order to seem a little lacking in quality also?

It is a $400-$450 semiauto shotgun, made in the US. The 930s run very well as issued, they shoulder well and handle well. Quality of finish will be less than a $1,200 semiauto shotgun, and you should reasonably expect that.

I did expect that, I just wanted to know what I need to polish it up and if the lifter moving causes a issue?

Thank you for your e-mail. Yes, you can order the non ported barrel it is part

number 16973MT and the cost is $125.00 plus $10.95 shipping and handling. Go ahead

and contact us at let us know that you want the barrel non-ported.

I just got off the phone with Mossberg customer support. I tried to order a 16973MT barrel and they told me it was a rifle bored slug barrel with rifle sights. Ugh.

Mossy must be catching up on the barrels...i ordered a 24" turkey mat finish on 10/25 and they shipped it on 11/15.......D I C K

Would you happen to know the model # you ordered?

My invoice shows (M930 BBLASM 24DR PRTD SS-FULL Matte) $180.00 two extra chokes were $15.75 Each

Has front and rear fiber optic sights

Mossy must be catching up on the barrels...i ordered a 24" turkey mat finish on 10/25 and they shipped it on 11/15.......D I C K

My invoice shows (M930 BBLASM 24DR PRTD SS-FULL Matte) $180.00 two extra chokes were $15.75 Each

Is it ported or non-ported?

Give the "PRTD" in the invoice line item, I'm betting it is ported. I bet you think the same. But naturally, we should hear back from the actual barrel owner to be sure.

Give the "PRTD" in the invoice line item, I'm betting it is ported. I bet you think the same. But naturally, we should hear back from the actual barrel owner to be sure.

Yes...that is what I am thinking...sent another e-mail to Nora to try and clarify price and chokes. Still no response. About to give up on her and call Veronica back. Ordered my 930 yesterday should be here tomorrow. Paid 485 with our high sales tax, then went home and saw that Bud's had dropped their price to 443 w/ free shipping. Could have gotten it for 463 with my FFL transfer fee. Wish I hadn't looked now...lol....Oh well, the guy I bought it from did cut me a deal on my FFL fees. He's now doing them for 15 instead of 25. so maybe I will be able to make up the difference.