Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is lifter welding in addition to that?

Lifer welding isn't really needed with the load port mods.

Also, the lifer cutout can be handy if more than one shell comes out of the tube into the receiver. Without it you are stuck.

David E.

Well I got a new 930 Waterfowl and swapped the barrel with the 24" I ordered from Mossberg (I'm selling the original ported barrel on gunbroker.com to offset the cost of the new barrel).

Couple of questions:

I will be adding a Nordic +5 tube, Nordic follower, Nordic bolt handle, and Nordic barrel clamp. Is there anything else I should add?

The new 24" barrel has sights mid-way down the barrel. Should I remove the middle ones? (gun wills be used for 3-gun and general fun). Should I swap out the front sight for a better one?

Thanks for the input.

Hello all....I'm new to the forum and to 3 gun....I have read this entire thread and have just about decided to purchase the 930 waterfowler and get the 24 non-ported barrel from Mossberg. I did jump the gun (ha, ha, pun intended) and call Mossberg and asked for Edna to check current prices and availability on these barrels before I read far enough to see the Edna was no longer w/ Mossberg. I spoke to Veronica. She told me Edna was no longer w/ Mossberg and I could tell that Veronica had no idea what I was asking about. However, she was very friendly and helpful. She put me on hold (which I think means she put the phone on the table) because I could hear her speaking to a gentelman in the background. I could only hear part of the conversation and could hear Veronica asking about the Non-ported barrels. She returned and stated that I could get a 24" non-ported barrel in matte finish w/ adjustable FO sights. She said the price was $150.00 + $10.95 to ship. She also said that it would be a custom order and would take approx 2 months to ship. This is not a problem for me because I am just getting started and don't really have any matches planned until January. I noticed this thread has been going a little over a year now and was wondering how everyone's 930s are holding up and how well they are performing. I would like to hear from those of you that have the full setup from Triangle as well as those of you that have done minimal customizing. This will help me make my final decision on the 930 or saving up more for a M2. By the way the best price I have found on the 930 waterfowler is $485 out the door. If anyone knows where I can beat that, Please let me know. Thanks and hope to see some of you on the range in the near future.

Edited by RED357

Depending on which method of reloading you choose and if you shoot outlaw in addition to USPSA matches, a +6 can be a better choice.

- The extra capacity gives you more reloading options. Examples - Loading 4 after shooting 2 vice three. Loading 2 after the buzzer before the first shot (movement before the first shot. Just that much sooner you can load 4 or 8 if you weak or strong hand load.

- The +6 tube extends about 1" past the end of a 24" barrel with an extended choke. So no practical difference in overall gun length.

- It easier to load 8 into a 10 round tube than into a 9 round tube, less spring compression.

Just some things to think about.

David E.

Here's my 930. Started as the Turkey model, and is still pretty true to its stock form.

- Polished the trigger group and added pre and post travel stops.

- Rail with Fast Fire.

- Bigger bolt handle.

- Choate extension tube.

- Loading port overhang milled off, and edges chamfered.

- Lifter extended and filled.

I just need a loading ramp to finish off the open division final touches.

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, I had also sent 3 emails (over 3 weeks) to Mossberg w/ no reply on purchasing a 24" non-ported barrel. I did this before I read about Edna and saw her contact info. This morning, I received the following e-mail from Nora at Mossberg:

Thank you for your e-mail. Yes, you can order the non ported barrel it is part

number 16973MT and the cost is $125.00 plus $10.95 shipping and handling. Go ahead

and contact us at let us know that you want the barrel non-ported.

Nora Regalado

Product Service Rep

O. F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc

Maverick Arms, Inc

Authorized Service Center

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass, TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

LOL....now, do I contact Nora and tell her that Veronica said the barrel would be 150.00 + 10.95 or just play dumb and try and get the barrel from Nora for 125.00 + 10.95.....Starting to sound like an Archie comic. Will let ya'll now how it turns out.

P.S. Nice looking gun Jid2

Edited by RED357

The price Veronica quoted you may include chokes and the one Nora quoted you may not. I paid the 150+ price and got chokes, although I did have to send a follow-up e-mail to get them sent to me as the original shipment only had the barrel and a full choke.

Mine is 100% so far.

How many matches have you ran with it ben? Also which model should I get? The turkey 24" or the 28' waterfowl? Hard to tell from the pictures of what barrel is ported or not.

Thanks

Steve

The price Veronica quoted you may include chokes and the one Nora quoted you may not. I paid the 150+ price and got chokes, although I did have to send a follow-up e-mail to get them sent to me as the original shipment only had the barrel and a full choke.

Who did you have to email for the chokes?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Mine is 100% so far.

How many matches have you ran with it ben? Also which model should I get? The turkey 24" or the 28' waterfowl? Hard to tell from the pictures of what barrel is ported or not.

Thanks

Steve

Not a single match. Right after I got the 3G gear together, I started coaching football, which ended today. Tomorrow is the first 3G match I'll be able to attend...but we leave for Mexico in the morning. I've run a mix of all sorts of crap shotshells, mag shotshells, good shotshells, old shotshells, 6 dif't types of slugs, and a few of buck. Over 300 rds so far, probably less than 400. 3 dif't guys have shot it. It hasn't bobbled yet. That's all I got.

Didn't think about the chokes. I'm gonna call monday and speak to Nora. She seemed to know a little more about the non-ported barrels just from reading her e-mail (she did have a model number at least). I'll make sure and ask about the chokes. No one has chimed in w/ a better deal than the 485 I can get on the 930 waterfowler. So, I will probably also purchase it Monday as well. Can't wait to take it apart...lol

And which 930 model comes with a non ported barrel? The turkey or waterfowl?

neither comes w/ a non-ported barrel....you have to special order the non-ported barrel from Mossberg directly.

So you can't use in in TO unless you buy separate barrel or have it cut?

And which 930 model comes with a non ported barrel? The turkey or waterfowl?

neither comes w/ a non-ported barrel....you have to special order the non-ported barrel from Mossberg directly.

So you can't use in in TO unless you buy separate barrel or have it cut?

I haven't actualy started competetion. But, I have read the USPSA rules several times. And, to the best of my understanding the ported barrels put you in open class. I am opting for the 28" waterfowler and purchasing a seperate 24" barrel from Mossberg w/out ports. That way I can always swap back to the 28 and shoot clays, dove, or ducks.

Didn't think about the chokes. I'm gonna call monday and speak to Nora. She seemed to know a little more about the non-ported barrels just from reading her e-mail (she did have a model number at least). I'll make sure and ask about the chokes. No one has chimed in w/ a better deal than the 485 I can get on the 930 waterfowler. So, I will probably also purchase it Monday as well. Can't wait to take it apart...lol

Jetguns has the 930 WF for $427: http://www.jetguns.com/mossberg-930wf-12-3-28vr-accu-syn-p-16236.html?cPath=495_517