Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Funky looking 9mm case.

glennn

I've got a H&K P7 and it leaves black marks on the brass but never actual mutilation like that.

"Normal" is there is black stripes on it.

No load should ever cause the brass to bite into the chamber flutes like that. Yikes. I would take a pliers and crimp the mouth shut so no one can reload it. Put that brass in the scrap bucket for the recycler.

Edited by freakshow10mm

Yeah, that ammo was pushing the brass to the absolute limit! I've seen some of the 158gn +p+ stuff meant for Uzi do that in MP-5, but guy was about as bright as a blown bulb in a closet..... When the stuff has a warning "ONLY FOR USE IN UZI SMG".... It "might" be a good idea to listen!

Ken

Looks like MP-5 brass to me. I'm helping do a demo day tomorrow, and we're probably using 9mm MP-5s (cheaper ammo than using our 10mm MP-5s) so I'll try to grab a couple of empty cases. Our ball ammo is 124gr +P, so it's pretty warm, but not to +P+. R,

I have an mp5 and it leaves marks like that in soot on the brass. I'm pretty confident it came from an HK.

The brass however does not normally expand into the flutes.

I have a thought. There is some VERY high pressure European ammo that is intended to ONLY be used in 9mm HK subguns.

This might be some of that.

But just a free internet guess. So you know what thats worth.

10mm MP-5s

:surprise: I didnt even know they made those.. Man.. I almost feel sorry for the BG on the muzzle end of one of those. :roflol:

Yup and the FBI still has several in their arsenal.

Yeah, our local FBI guys brought a pair of them out to a fun day I was instructing at a couple years ago... along with a case of 10mm ammo.

"Hey, my tax rebate is here!"

Man are they fun on steel challenge gongs.

They did have a problem with bullet setback though.

10 mm mp5s go up for sale every once in a while. Most department/agencies are giving up pistol caliber sub guns for short bbl'd rifles.

I saw something within the last couple of years for a lot of 10 select fire MP5s in 10 mm for what worked out to about $1000/gun.

Its funny because a civilian legal, transferable MP5 is in the $15,000 range.