Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Lube

Forget the sticky Dillon stuff and go with Hornady one shot for everything.

You do have to tumble off Dillon lube.

No need to wipe off if you dont want, if you do it tumbles off easyer and does not cake up your media.

I have even found that not cleaning off one shot will make S-I mags work better.

Forget the sticky Dillon stuff and go with Hornady one shot for everything.

You do have to tumble off Dillon lube.

No need to wipe off if you dont want, if you do it tumbles off easyer and does not cake up your media.

I have even found that not cleaning off one shot will make S-I mags work better.

Thanks the tumb;ling will be no trouble and I had miss read the label on the one shot. Thought it stated lube must be removed

• 6 months later...

tried the "hornady one shot" case lube last night, OH....MY.....GOD...

this stuff really works. i had some used 38 super brass so i tried some of this stuff and it made the press work smoother than brand new brass.

if you haven't tried "hornady one shot" case lube then run out to your nearest dealer and buy some you won't be disappointed

I picked up the tip for One Shot here also. Ive reloaded for years using carbide pistol dies without lube. I wouldnt think of reloading without it now, the difference in the smoothness the press runs is amazing.

Adam

Hornady makes their "One Shot" lube in liquid form now too, in addition to the spray.

The only reason you would wipe the lube off (after you're done reloading) is so that your hands won't get dirty when you goto load your mags. If that doesn't bother you, then there is no need to remove the lube once your finished reloading.

Kingman,

Don't wait any longer. My Square Deal works so slick with this stuff its stupid. I know that carbide dies don't need it, but as much as One Shot cuts effort to work the handle I can't stop using it.

Once dry, the One Shot doesn't come off and leave heavy deposits, unless you've really oversprayed the cases. It might attract a bit more dust than "dry" ammo, but I think that is more than made up for by the extra lubrication. That's to say, grit in a dry tube with dry ammo seems more likely to me to jam than the slicked up One Shot ammo (leastwise, I haven't had any problems).

I won’t use one-shot for bottleneck rifle cases, I prefer the Dillon lube there. The one-shot has let cases stick in the sizing die and the Dillon lube has not. For straightwall pistol cases though, the one-shot really is the best choice.

I tumble rifle brass after sizing and trimming to get the Dillon lube off, then I run them through a 550 without a size die. Pistol brass doesn’t need to be cleaned after using one-shot.

--

Regards,

The dillon is very sticky if you leave it on the case it must be loaded and removed immediately not doing this has caused me some jams on a 45acp at the worst of times and alot of frustration to find the problem and cleaning the lube off keeps the rounds and mags easier to clean when you drop them in the sand and whatever on a speed reload plus the stuff gets baked into the chamber when you shoot.