Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is JP CTR-02 worth the wait

Dyroe

I have read pages up and down about the JP CTR-02. From all I've heard it is an excellent choice for IPSC Rifle or 3-gun.

The problem is that the bureaucrats at Dept. of Justice here in Norway is in no hurry for giving the rifle a quick approval. April 30th was the last time anything happened and I am not sure how many more months I am willing to wait. Therefor I am considering a DPMS lower (one of the few legal lowers over here), JP part a sun devil upper.

Are the JP Rifles THAT much better?

Do the Sun Deveil upper come with a forvard assist and/or ejector lump by the way?

I Appreciate any helg

If you can wait, hold out for the JP. As a new JP / CTR02 shooter I can attest that I was 100% impressed with the functioning of the rifle. The smoothness of the action is incredible. All the components of this rifle make it a great package. It really has it all. You will not be dissapointed.

Jay

Go for both. My bet is that you can't lose. 2 rifles are better than one and you could probably make a buck if you sold one. Assuming that is legal of course. Good luck with the bureauracracy. (Whoa - my spelling is off. Brian- we need spell check on this site!)

The JPs are very nice. If you can't wait, the Sun Devil uppers come in two styles. A slick side style and another with a forward assist. If you only get a JP Upper the Sun Devil Lower has a very well designed tension screw to reduce any play you may get with using other uppers. Good luck.

If you can wait, hold out for the JP. As a new JP / CTR02 shooter I can attest that I was 100% impressed with the functioning of the rifle. The smoothness of the action is incredible. All the components of this rifle make it a great package. It really has it all. You will not be dissapointed.

Jay

Jay and I got our JP rifles at the same time, but I went with the LRP-07 .308 as I shoot Heavy Metal. They run pretty much the same components, just different sizes. Just like how Jay described how impressed he was with the CTR-02, I am equally impressed with my LRP-07. The adjustable gas matched with the low-mass bolt and low-mass buffer makes the rifle well balanced. If you can wait, you will not be disappointed.

Jay

Jay and I got our JP rifles at the same time, but I went with the LRP-07 .308 as I shoot Heavy Metal. They run pretty much the same components, just different sizes. Just like how Jay described how impressed he was with the CTR-02, I am equally impressed with my LRP-07. The adjustable gas matched with the low-mass bolt and low-mass buffer makes the rifle well balanced. If you can wait, you will not be disappointed.

What they said.

I purchased a CTR-02 and have no regrets. There is nothing to do other than add an optic and sling if needed. I liked it so much that I also got an LRP-07. I've only shot the .308 twice in the last year, but I shot my LRP-07 faster than most everyone shooting a 223 at a recent 3 gun match after never having had much trigger time with it.

Try and find someone who has one nearby and send a few rounds downrange see what YOU think though.

Edited by DMAC

I have had my CTR-02 for maybe 8-9 years now and love it! It is the best shooting rifle I've ever owned and I want another JP upper to put on a Bushmaster lower I've got sitting around here. Of course I will send the lower to JP for innard's.

• 2 weeks later...