Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

I wouldn't worry about that bridge...you can make it!

Special thanks to Dan and crew for taking this match on!! cheers.gif

I have always wanted to do that. If I can get Jake to let me drive his car.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any applications sent from here on will require the $95.00 entry fee.

We have 2 more in the mail that I know of and one that I just sent to Chris. I also have an application without the entry fee waiting on funds.

I still have hope that we can fill this thing up. Call you friends and get them in on the fun.

You folks are going to hear this again at the match but I want everyone to know what a great crew we have. I want to thank Andy, Chris, Dave, Erik and a bunch more people for all the effort they have put into this match. It would be impossible for one person to do all of this. I also want to thank all of the sponsors who have given so much. I have struggled with the whole idea of sponsorship over the course of preparing for this match and wanted everyone to know how much our sponsors support means to me.

We are just about ready to go to print on the match books and we will be having a little get together on the 7th to get a lot of things ready for the match.

If any local folks know of anyone who can help out in Registration for the match please get hold of me. I am also still looking for a golf cart or 4 wheeler if anyone local has one we can use.

After spending the day doing very little (some people will understand that statement), I got around to pulling out most of the donated items and taking a few pictures of them. We have more than this but some of it is still on the way. I didn't pull out the 20 boxes of MTM ammo cases but did put a few on the table for you to see.

post-9882-002332700 1304295753_thumb.jpgpost-9882-079829300 1304295787_thumb.jpgpost-9882-088030700 1304295770_thumb.jpgpost-9882-001957900 1304295811_thumb.jpgpost-9882-082394400 1304295876_thumb.jpgpost-9882-016501400 1304295981_thumb.jpg

post-9882-049274000 1304295993_thumb.jpgpost-9882-044428200 1304296004_thumb.jpg

Maybe I should mention that the match will begin at 9:00am on all three days. It may start a little later on Friday depending on issues. Registration will be open starting at 7:30am with the shooters meeting starting at 8:30am. We can't start any sooner due to long standing club rules. We will try to post the match book on the web site in the near future but you will get a copy at registration.

Edited by dcarter

Those Rudy glasses would look nice on me!

They make everybody look younger, slimmer, faster, better looking....I'm just saying B)

Damn! I may have to wear two pair! Maybe they'll make my hair look a little more full too! :roflol:

As nice as the prizes look I just have this gut feeling I will be walking away from this match with a new gun!:cheers:

Let me know if you would like some help breaking in that new gun.

When you add these and the stuff that is still coming I think we have a pretty nice table.

post-9882-015972500 1304302375_thumb.jpgpost-9882-029020300 1304302381_thumb.jpgpost-9882-069721100 1304302366_thumb.jpgpost-9882-090864300 1304302396_thumb.jpg

post-9882-085148200 1304302389_thumb.jpg

You are 'da MAN! Seriously, great work Dan. Very impressive array of prizes.

It always amazes me the amount of production shooters you guys have in your area!

From the (overall) Ohio Section Mission Count for club activities in 2010:

33.99% - Production

27.41% - Limited

14.14% - Open

12.49% - Limited-10

8.47% - Single stack (nearly half of this was from one single club)

3.49% - Revolver

If you take a close look at our web site you will notice that Midway has come on board as a Bronze level sponsor. :cheers:

We will also be adding Sig Sauer as a stage sponsor by the end of the day thanks to Marcus Hanna. :cheers::cheers:

Edited by dcarter

I pulled 2 more applications out of the mail yesterday. I would love to see another 20 before we get started. Talk with your friends and let's fill this thing up! If we make a good showing for this match then future events at our club will be easier to do. We haven't even started laying down the stages for this year and I am looking at 2012. :lol:

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that all 235 registered shooters are all nicely self-squadded on their day of choice. Speaking of days it looks like there is approx. 40 slots available to shoot on Friday, & about 20 left for Sunday.

Also I just noticed that 1 slot recently opened up for SATURDAY!!! Saturday has been the preferred day of choice, filling up many weeks ago. Plus this particular squad (# 19) has a few GM's you all might know by name, Bob Vogel, Matt Trout, and James Tarr. All 3 are very, very sharp iron sights shooters .......... I'm just saying! ;)

Some folks may actually think about switching squads for such an occasion, but I'm hoping we get a few more folks to sign up for the match soon enough ............... Could you imagine 250 shooters at the Ohio State match? :cheers:

ONLY MORE 15 DAYS TILL OHIO 2011. :)

2011OhioStats-7.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

Make that 236 shooters. I got another in the mail today. Hey, even if we don't get 250 shooters it is still going to be a blast and with guys like the 2 above, how can this get any better. We have a lot to do to get everything ready but I have no doubt that we will be ready to go.

From our esteemed Match Director:

Our sponsors have given generously of time, ability and merchandise in order to garner support for their business and to assist us in making this a great match. As most of you are aware, the owners of most of these businesses are shooters themselves and have a long history of support in the shooting sports. The next time you are in the market for shooting gear, consider buying from them first and then let them know how much you appreciate their companies support over the years. We all enjoy getting that free “something” when we go to a match. Let’s let them know that they have OUR support.

Official Target Supplier

Shooters Connection

Official Printer

ARC-Cincinnati

Stage Sponsors

Freedom Gunworks, Inc.

Cheely Custom Gunworks, LLC

MTM Case-Gard

Shooters Supply Shop, Loveland Ohio 513-683-2911

Velocity Shooter

Shooters Connection

Rudy Project