Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bang-a-head

dv8

How yall doing there? I'm not doing that well this morning - I was practicing my reloads on the move and everything was OK UNTIL... UNTIL>>>

OK, I am starting in my den, I am drawing and making a double shot (dry fire of course) at a spot on the wall, then start running the corridor towards the family room. While running I am ejecting a mag, getting another one in and then making another double shot at a target in the family room. Well.. I think it helps me, I am certainly doing it smoother than ever before... UNTIL ... WHERE IS THE FRIGGIN MAGAAZZZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN??????? The one I dropped in the corridor, WHERE @#$%^&* IS IT? There is not a single dark coner in that corridor, and not a single furniture item in that corridor... THERE IS NOT a single ANYTHING in that perfectly empty and well lit corridor!!! I have spent an H-O-U-R looking for that magazine, combing the carpet, praying to Mars, Zews, Bachus and Jerry Springer... wait a tick, may be it's got stuck on the ceiling??? ...

WHERE IS THE FRIGGIN MAGAZINE?????

Would you ladies and gentelmen know what would be a good thing to bang my head on?

Thank you very much.

vLAD :blink::wacko::blink::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Ah Yes - the vanishing magazine problem. Draw a line from your following foot in the direction of travel - through the door into the bedroom and under the sock at the foot of the bed. When you pick up your disappearing mag please check and see if mine is there also. :D

Hmmm... I don't think we've ever seen a posting quite like THIS one here, have we...? :huh:

The mag is obviously in the same place as:

--one of my favorite earrings

--the live round I reloaded yesterday that flipped itself out of the press and into the ether.

--the live primer that fell to the floor a week ago and kept right on going to probably the center of the earth.

--the sunglasses I put under the seat of the car which de-materialzed immediately to no doubt someone else's car.

:ph34r:

My dog has been known to grab a mag dropped on the floor and wander off with it. She doesn't chew on it, just hauls it off and buries it in her bed. The rule in this house is if it has gone missing, check the dog's bed. I think she is part pack rat. :D

Have a real double shot then look again......................

Then if you can't find it, have a real double shot and look again.........

Then stop looking!

Guy

This reminds me of the time (2003 Infinity Open) I lost a mag at a match. Drove me nuts, because I'm pretty anal about getting them back after each stage. Couldn't even guess where I lost it, sacked the hotel room looking for it. A couple weekends ago while shooting some IDPA someone asked for a tool. I dig out my little tool/spare parts kit (in a separate small bag, inside the range bag), zip her open only to find my long lost mag! Then I remembered locking that mag away as it gave me multiple malfs on a stage, and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't find it's way back in with the good mags. What a retard.

Like all good Americans I finally decided it wasn't my fault. It was the mag's.

...--the live primer that fell to the floor a week ago and kept right on going to probably the center of the earth.

:ph34r:

Center of the Earth? I think I just found it... your primer I mean, there is no sunglasses though.

I also found near 2 dollar worth of change, my old fancy lighter, a couple o things I'm not telling you about and yesterday's morning. Oh, and I think my cat has been smoking again...

As for the magazine... Thanks for all your generous support, you all sound like you have had your share of losses. How do you cope with things like this? I mean are there some anonymous groups I can join?... Like "Hi, my name is Vlad and I lost a magazine?"

That reminds me of the time I lost my wedding band. At the 2003 TX Limited I noticed I had forgotten to take off my wedding band. So I did, and put it in an unused pocket of my Dillon range bag. I *Distinctly* remember doing this. But then I forgot about it until my wife pointed out the missing band. I went to the range bag, and it was gone. Then doubt set in. Did I really put it in there? So I checked my luggage. Nada. Checked all my shooting gear. Nada. Checked the truck, inside and bed. Nope. Checked with my friend who was there with me. Nope. Gave it up for lost. Then one day at a local club match I decided to shoot Limited for a change. Started fishing around in the bag for my mag catch button and lo and behold, the wedding band, right where I put it. 5 months ago. Numerous times of looking in the bag. The only thing I can figure is the band got caught up in the pleats of the inside pocket and remained hidden. Sure was a headscratcher. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

HHHUHHH!!! FOUND IT!

Apparently, by the time I started looking for that lost magazine, I have already picked it up and put it in a very odd place - I have an audio system cabinet in the family room and there is a large speaker right next to it. Both things are black, and the mag is black too, so until for some unrelated reason I happend to step really close to the damn thing, I could not see it - it was sitting there atop the speaker making me faces and calling me names! DAMNIT!

This is a good demo of NOT being HERE and NOW - What was I thinking when I put the mag on that speaker? Was it my girlfriend?... naaah - probably just phone rang or something... or girlfriend...

It is also ironic that just yesterday I ordered a bunch of new mags, meaning that a few of those I currently use will soon become my "training" mags, just like the one I couldn't find...

(... so was it my girlfriend or not? Hmmm, may be I should stop using her picture for a target... :D )