Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Texas State Open Championship

The stage do look great. Really looking forward to this match.

Terry,

You bringing any other West Texans with you. Midland was a former stomping ground for about 15 years.

Bill

Lubbock is sending some of its finest to this match!! Some are on Rudy Projects team and others are spread out amongst the masses to keep it fair! :sight: LOL !!!

Seriously, we are looking forward to a great match! Stages look incredible and I can't wait to shoot a Polish Plate Rack for the first time!!

Tim

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The stage do look great. Really looking forward to this match.

Terry,

You bringing any other West Texans with you. Midland was a former stomping ground for about 15 years.

Bill

Lubbock is sending some of its finest to this match!! Some are on Rudy Projects team and others are spread out amongst the masses to keep it fair! :sight: LOL !!!

Seriously, we are looking forward to a great match! Stages look incredible and I can't wait to shoot a Polish Plate Rack for the first time!!

Tim

It's time to try in 15 yards distance.

Has there been a match hotel announced yet? Or does anyone have recommendations on where to stay? I don't know that I've been to this range yet, but this match sounds like too much fun to miss!

:cheers:

La Quinta Inn in Brookshire offered 20% discount to 2011 Texas State Open Champ participants, just mention "TX OPEN".

Another new-be question:

What type of surface do you have there at this range?

I've never shot there before and I dont know if it is sand or rock or grass or? Trying to figure out what type of cleat to bring with me.

Thanks for the information.

Ok now I can tell you that most of the bays will be pea gravel over top of stone. I was out there this evening and they were spreading it out.

Another new-be question:

I've never shot there before and I dont know if it is sand or rock or grass or? Trying to figure out what type of cleat to bring with me.

Ok now I can tell you that most of the bays will be pea gravel over top of stone. I was out there this evening and they were spreading it out.

Awesome, so my hello kitty flip flops will be PERFECT then!

I can't wait for this match!!!!!!!!!!

Its almost weather watching time. I must admit, I looked up the 10 day forecast and it showed (at least for now) perfect conditions for the match. Let's hope it stays that way.

Another new-be question:

Awesome, so my hello kitty flip flops will be PERFECT then!

I can't wait for this match!!!!!!!!!!

Its almost weather watching time. I must admit, I looked up the 10 day forecast and it showed (at least for now) perfect conditions for the match. Let's hope it stays that way.

I predict very nice, just like last week in our local match overthere a little windy but sunny 71 degrees the most.

We will have a shoot off Sunday before award ceremony,$5.00 entry, trophy for the winner.For three divisions only; OPEN,LIMITED,PRODUCTION.(Single stack/Lim-10/Revolver)are categorize as limited division, steel down advantage to the lower classification.

Bring extra ammo,this is fun just like what we did in GENERATION 300 match last October.

Is there any camping? I just got laid off from work and am already pot committed with the entry fee and deposit for the Phil Strader class.

Call Phil Oxley at 832-274-8549, He owned the range and plenty of space inside his property. I believed he will let you.

Hellz yeah. I'm making Brian's beef jerky recipe right now, come find me this weekend if you want to try it. :bow:

Make at least an extra pound for Athena and me! devil.gif

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I'm missing it :) Is a schedule posted anywhere for the match? I'm driving down Friday after work - can I check in on Saturday morning, and at what time? What time is the shooter's meeting (if any) on Saturday, and what time is hammer down? What's the squad schedule? What's the start time for Sunday? (realize it's Spring Forward on Saturday night, everyone! :) ).

Just trying to make sure I'm in the right place at the right time cheers.gif

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I'm missing it :) Is a schedule posted anywhere for the match? I'm driving down Friday after work - can I check in on Saturday morning, and at what time? What time is the shooter's meeting (if any) on Saturday, and what time is hammer down? What's the squad schedule? What's the start time for Sunday? (realize it's Spring Forward on Saturday night, everyone! :) ).

Just trying to make sure I'm in the right place at the right time cheers.gif

Dave,

Registration opens at 7:00 AM Friday & Saturday. Shooters meeting promptly at 8:00 AM with first shots downrange at 9:00 AM. Ten stages and ten squads on Saturday so everyone starts at the same time.

A lunch break is scheduled for 12:00 to 1:00.

And Squad 3, the Super Squad, starts on Stage 1.

Good luck and enjoy.

Bill

What stages do the rest of the squads start on? Does squad 4 start on stage 2 and so on, or have the rest of the Saturday squads been randomized somehow?

You got it right Andy. The fearless RO's and Squads 1 & 2 shoot Friday. The Saturday squads shoot in order. Squad 3 on Stage 1, Squad 4 on Stage 2, etc.

Bill