Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 moon clip holder

Merlin Orr

Very first USPA match with me shooting a revolver next weekend ... I have been thinking (or lack thereof) of putting 8 single holders on my belt for the match.... I "woke up" this morning and finally did a little searching here and found North Mountain 4 post moon clip holders.

Before I call Bob and pull the trigger on the deal.... Is there anything that I should know before I order - (I saw long and short models....) huh.gif

I use the four post short model. I only shoot .45 ACP, so it works for me. The long model is, well, longer posts. It lets you double stack 38/357 moons. I believe the guys shooting 38SC or supers could use the short one as well.

You can order in confidence from Bob. He's a stand up guy, and the product is first rate.

I would recommend the 5 post model, just for emergencies those 12 extra rounds are nice.

Think about it an L10 shooter will have 5+1 mags=60 rounds, Limited will have 2/3+1=60+, even a single stack with 4+1=40 (and I worry with less than 5+1 and usually an extra barney mag in a pocket which gives 64 rounds).

If you use only .45's it doesn't matter much, if you have a 10mm/40s&w or say a .44 moonclipped you'll need a slimmer post than .45's. Though I think Bob's latest are all slimmer to work even with a .38.

The posts are also removable and if you don't like the short/long you can always ask Bob for replacements.

Come down to Memphis in November and talk it over with the ol' dog himself.

I use the long post for my .38s and can stack two moons on each post. Helps having 8 moons right here when you need them and it will work the same way for your .45s you want have to be reaching all over you body to find a new moon.

Bob does great work. I even ordered the 6 holder for my Comp IIIs for Retro, now Classic division.

You are going to say that everyone tries to convince themselves that the product they bought is the best one out there. You might take a minute and look at the Speedy Rack. You've seen my gut and I can see all of my moonclips hanging on it.

I use a four post version with the posts turned to a smaller diameter for the six-shot 686. I picked it because it is very simple and compact. It takes up less space on my belt than the two double mag pouches I use in my production division rig. It is also reasonably priced compared to other options out there. Bob makes a great product.

Westczek

I use the North Mountain for my 645 45 ACP and my 627 in 38/357. Works like a charm. Zero problems and Bob is a dream to work with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Changing over to shooting revolver is the natural evolution of things, like learning to walk upright."

D.H. Busching

Does anyone know the inside diameter of hearthco .40 moons? I've got a new revo on the way and I'm way too impatient to wait until it arrives before I order a moon clip holder! Also, how much play should there be between the posts and moons(how much to turn the posts down)?

Does anyone know the inside diameter of hearthco .40 moons? I've got a new revo on the way and I'm way too impatient to wait until it arrives before I order a moon clip holder! Also, how much play should there be between the posts and moons(how much to turn the posts down)?

646 or 610?

You are going to say that everyone tries to convince themselves that the product they bought is the best one out there. You might take a minute and look at the Speedy Rack. You've seen my gut and I can see all of my moonclips hanging on it.

The Speed-e-rack, is moonclip specific, since it "grabs" the inside of the moonclip. The North Mountain is not, as long as the post fits through the hole in the moonclip. Bob made me on that fits both my 627 and my 686. I'll be using it for my 625 soon.

Seiichi

Thanks to all for the help and advise..... I waited (as usual) to the last second and did not have the time to really look closely at all the available product.... so.. I ordered from the guy who delivered for me in the past and went North Mountain.

If it is as well built and functional as his speed loader belly / belt holder set up I will be in high cotton..... biggrin.gif

As I shoot some matches with some "real" wheel gunners I do want to look at some of the others that folks here have suggested but, as I said, I KNOW Bob delivers.

Again, Thanks for the help and advise.