Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What You Like To Shoot

Nate

3/4 if this belongs some place else, move it. I did not find what I was looking for so I will ask: What kind of stages do you most enjoy shooting at a area or above level match? How many rounds? Do you like multiple solution stages? I am looking for fun (however you define fun) factor here. Nate

1. Multiple Solution stages --- so that everyone can shoot to their strengths!

2. Anything cool and different. The 2003 Summer Blast had four speed shoots sharing a large pit. Stage one was an 8 piece of steel speed shoot with a couple of no-shoot poppers thrown in for good measure. Stage two was a sixteen round medium course with two free firezones, you pretty much had to shoot on the move. Three had you sitting at a picnic table across from three hard covered and no-shoot covered targets practically across the table from you. Gun started on the table. Stage four ended in a dark house.... That pit was a blast.

Although I have not shot an area or higher match, I'll tell you what I like. I like when you start in one place, seated or otherwise, and have to move a short distance to pick your gun up off the table and then start shooting. It seems so many stages start hand relaxed or surrrender. Just something different.

On the opposite side, I do not like to shoot too-complicated stages where there's too much going on... if you hit the stage early, it becomes impossible in the big-match-rush "five minutes max for the conga line.." to get a good plan together. Then by the second day, everybody hears the 'right' way to do it, hosing everyone in the earlier squads that didn't get the benefit of everybody else's experience.

Stages where you can't see a target twice.

If we run by a paper target, it can be hard to tell if it has two holes in it.

If a soldier runs by an enemy combatant, it's going to be easier to tell if there's two holes in him. Because he'll be the one on the ground, probably face down. :huh:

1. Stages that leave room for several creative solutions.

2. Stages that exercise the mind as much as the muscle.

3. Stages with long (35-50 yard) shots.

4. At least ONE standard exercise involving various distances out to 50 yards, mandatory mag changes, strong hand, weak hand, and prone shooting.

5 Oh, and an occasional 6-10 round stationary pure hoser stage is fun too.