Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue FN SLP's

mwx40x40

The Blue receiver FN SG's as seen in the shootoffs in 3 Gun Nation shows. They have vent rib barrels with extend knurled chokes. Are these available. Are the VR barrels lighter than the IS models? I don't see anything like this on the FN website.

From one of the FN commercials on 3 Gun Nation, it's the SLP Competition, but I haven't seen anything about this model yet other than on 3GN. The VR barrel is supposedly about 12 oz. lighter than the SLP MkI barrel. I just got a SLP MkI, but if they have the Competition available within the next couple months I'm gonna be sick. The MkI is nice, but the VR barrel provides a better sight picture for everything but slugs.

Wonder why FN is using a gun made of parts rather than an off the shelf version, because that is the angle they are pushing with the commercial preceding the show. I mean, its not like there is something wrong with a SLP.

Wonder why FN is using a gun made of parts rather than an off the shelf version, because that is the angle they are pushing with the commercial preceding the show. I mean, its not like there is something wrong with a SLP.

Ken when I talked to them at the NRA show it is about getting the parts they need from suppliers. BTW if anyone on this forum wants to produce a pistol grip stock for the FN shotgun and actually produce it rather than just talk about it, FN wants to talk to you.

I wonder if they're trying to stir up interest with the show. Just a thought.

• 2 months later...

Heard a rumor this weekend that FN would being doing either 21" or 24" Vent Rib barrels soon. Anybody know if there is any truth to this??

You can already get a 24" SX2 barrel. Same thing.

thats what I was thinking.

There is a 24" vent rib available that is stamped FN SLP/ FN SLP MK1...probably same design

Heard a rumor this weekend that FN would being doing either 21" or 24" Vent Rib barrels soon. Anybody know if there is any truth to this??

The 24's listed on the Winchester website are for 3.5" , where can the 3" 24's be found?

The 24's listed on the Winchester website are for 3.5" , where can the 3" 24's be found?

Gunbroker has a 26" with a 3" chamber.

Yes , 26" and 28" are fairly common. Just trying to find the elusive 24" for 3" chamber.

Thanks

Yes , 26" and 28" are fairly common. Just trying to find the elusive 24" for 3" chamber.

Thanks

To get it you have to call up FN, then they transfer you to the FN SLP guy, who then gives you info on how to order it.

Thanks Aheadofthecurve. I will call after the holidays.

Please do share the information when you get it. Thanks.

Customer Service Rep Bob A. at FN informed me that the 24"VR was in the 2011 line up for FN , but that it may be in the spring before being available. He did not offer up any info on a competition version at this time.