Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22 Round 4th Gen .40S&W Mags?

muahdib4

Has anyone seen the new Glock .40S&W 22 round magazines? They say they are made by Glock on Midway's website but don't offer the actual length. What are the measurements on these? Just wondering if maybe Glock was building magazines for their guns in Limited Division. It would be nice not to have to buy mags plus new extensions even though I dig my Dawson extensions.

Edited by muahdib4

I would assume it would be over the 140mm based on the fact that with the extentions you can only get it up to 20 rounds. An STI mag which has more room and better specs than a glock mag is pretty much a 21 round mag with a rare one holding 22. I just dont see a glock mag fitting the length at 22 rounds

Edited by EkuJustice

They already make an automatic .40 cal it is called the G18 and they have 33 round mags!

Isn't the Glock 18 a 9mm? Last time I checked they were..not that I've ever gotten to shoot one yet or actually see one in person.

Yes they are.

wow! those are gonna sell like hotcakes if they're real.

They'll sell like crazy if they were to actually fit the guage for Limited. Though, like EKUJustice said, fitting more than 20 in tuned Glock mags with extensions is difficult if not impossible...so doubt they will fit. I have a 29 round Glock magazine (in .40S&W)...not Glock manufacture though and doesn't even fit the gun at ALL until you shave some material off the sides. It's kind of neat but not really useful but I only paid $25 for it.

They are genuine Glock magazines. But...they measure a little longer than the 141.25mm length allowed in Limited. They are more like 154mm. Obviously Glock did not consult with Dave prior to making these.

I figured they would probably be too long. Guess I'll skip them for now but interesting none the less.

I don't think they'll fit. They look noticibly longer than the regular mags plus pads I use. The arredondo and dawson pads are both squared off on the bottom for more room and these still have that angled bottom like the factory mags. Darn, it would be awesome to have a factory 140mm mag.

Yep, they're longer than 141.25mm.

I have some mags with Arredondo pads that are right at 140mm. Side-by-side, these 22-round mags are about 1/2" to 3/4" longer, regrettably.

I will get with my guy and ask him, "What were YOU guys thinking?".

Glocks are awesome! I love all of my full auto glock pistols. Especially the ones with the Suppressors and the 53 round custom mags. These 22 round mags would be sweet if you could duck tape two of them together and get a longer spring or something.

Glock isnt worried about competitive shooters needs despite having that trigger pulling freak Sevigny on their team.

Glock is worried about being ATAS!

Here is the story on the 22 round mags.

A certain military unit contacted Glock and wanted higher capacity mags for their G22's. Being who they are...Glock will pretty much do as they ask. But they already have this pouch that they like to carry their mags in. They wanted Glock to mag a mag that would fit in their pouch they already use. Thats how that length was born. If Dave were ever asked....we know what length they would be.

I just measured my mag with my calipers. It measured 160mm.

Yes, the Glock 18 is a 9mm - basically a Glock 17 with a selector switch on the slide, about where we'd find the decocker/safety on a Smith & Wesson 39/59/69/45-series or Beretta 92, but in this case it's to switch the piece from semi- to full auto. I have fired the Glock 18 at the factory in Smyrna. It's not as fun as you'd think. The gun has an ungodly high cyclic rate. It's like, you press the trigger on 34 rounds (33-round mag plus one in the chamber), the gun goes bzzt and it's empty and you have, like, one hit on a man-sized target at seven yards. Wow. Fun. :blink:

By Chance do they have this length for 9mm???

Maybe an arrendondo basepad or something and then u have a decent 170???

The 33rd mag that Glock makes is too long. SJC (Glock Jockey) will cut down a 33rd mag (somewhere around the 28rd area), add the Arrendondo extension and make it a 170mm mag. They are very nice. There are other companies that make extensions for Glocks 17 round mag to also make them into 170mm mags.

Edited by JTew