Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many reloads?

PBA2

Just curious what you guys are experiencing on average # of reloads on your 9mm brass before it's no good? I have read in my manual maybe 5 times per but I've hit that # with some of mine and it doesn't appear any different than when it was new.

9mm Minor? LOTS...

If I can still read the head-stamp, I'll reload it. Dark brown, soaked, and caked with dirt for 3 years? Clean it with soapy water, run it through rice to clean it up (1-2hrs), then corn-cob (1-2hrs), it comes out dull flat yellowish... Load it, shoot it, load it again!

If I see a guy a with REALLY shiny brass, I assume he doesn't have a s_x life... LOL

Just my opinion...

:sight:

Jeff

I don't really know, I have found a few that had been reloaded until the primer falls out, but most of the time they get lost before that happens. I have seen 2 split cases in roughly 200,000 reloads. I know I have reloaded some more than 10 times.

Major

JT

I am currently loading Speer nickel 9mm to major. I get them once fired, load them to major 3 times on the third loading I let them lay. I have had no splits or problems with the body of the case. The primer pocket gets loose.

Just curious what you guys are experiencing on average # of reloads on your 9mm brass before it's no good? I have read in my manual maybe 5 times per but I've hit that # with some of mine and it doesn't appear any different than when it was new.

I have some 9mm brass that been used for minor type power loads since 1999 and I'm still loading it...... I've lost count but given that there's About 4000 cases and I shoot about 10000 a year that's still a lot of loading .....Some of them you can't even read the headstamp properly

I was actually trying to keep count by sorting them into different boxes marked with the number of times I've reloaded them. I'm gathering this is a huge waste of my reloading time.

I was actually trying to keep count by sorting them into different boxes marked with the number of times I've reloaded them. I'm gathering this is a huge waste of my reloading time.

Pretty much...... What I do is have a bucket that's to be loaded next until that runs out then I load them all again...... Just means they've all be shot sane number of times so they wear reasonably evenly

For the most part it is, but it's nice to set aside some once-fired (same headstamp) for big matches. That will give you if not an advantage in reliability, less likelihood of a problem, and they'll be more consistent on the chrono for power factor issues.

9 Minor, I'd run them till the primer pockets start feeling loose (don't feel much resistance when seating the primer). R,