Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEO's can't shot

noylj

Was a member of indoor range (Target Masters) in MIlpitas California about 25 years ago. Went there the day they just finished re-doing the 25 yard range. When I got there, I was told that the MPD had just finished their shoot.

Walked in and I was blinded. The floor of the range from the carpeted shooting area to the back wall was gold, covered in .38 Special brass. I swept out my shooting area and most of the rest of the carpeted area (filled a 5-gallon bucket) and got ready to shot. Looked at my shooting bench. There was a hole in it. Looked at the walls and saw the the carpet on the walls was all shot up. The ceiling panels were all shot up. This had been a brand new range before they got in there.

LEOs shot for free and I wish they came in more often--to learn and not just burn up ammo.

If I read the LEOs that I know, that lump of crap that they have to hang on their belt slows them down in a foot chase, gets in the way when they try to sit in the patrol car, and in a wrestling match with a bad guy is the first thing the bad guy is reaching for. If he pulls it out of the holster he has a hundred reports to fill out as to why he had to pull it instead of just yelling "Let me see your hands".(We can thank the bleeding heart liberals that for some really dumb reason are running thing for that). With that in mind, what attitude would you have about shooting

The club that I came from had a whole squad that was just LEOs that choose to shoot together. If I had my way full time LEOs would shoot for half price. They need trigger time. They are the most apt to need it. We need to do someting to make them welcome to shoot with us.

Edited by Ray_Z

As a "LEO" I have to say, he's pretty much right...though Bob Vogel is a cop and he shoots pretty well.

However, to the OP, if you are gonna slam our collective shooting abilities, I feel obligated to point out that you misspelled (or used the incorrect word) SHOOT in the title.

I only know a few involved in shooting sports/matches. About half of the guys I know are hunters and have good skills with long guns. Covered Mag. holders and level three holsters stink and the cars get smaller while I get bigger. I think we could all use more trigger time, but shrinking budgets do not allow it.