Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Evil Texas star stage

1911Prof

Just shot a unique stage this weekend, it contained a Texas star with the top 2/3 covered by hard cover so you had to shoot the bottom of the star only. Fortunately, you could see through the hard cover so you could time your shots, otherwise this would have been impossible. The time on the stage ran from 9 seconds to 90 seconds (or when people ran out of bullets). It was pure fun to shoot, and even funnier to watch.

That's brutal on the less skilled shooters, but a good run sure is fun to watch. The start position of the star wasn't consistent from shooter to shooter, which changed how it reacted to the first hit pretty significantly.

I like the hard cover idea - I may have to try it the next match I setup.

I challenged shooters by making the top star a no shoot at our last match devil.gif I think I got some new nicknames for that one.

How did they get the star to move that way or was it just a very well lubed star? It looks like some kind of eccentric weight system was used because it often rotated faster than I would have expected after the first plate was gone.

Edited by XD Niner

I set up similar a few months back. Used only 2 bottom plates. Solid hard cover only allowed 1 to be seen when engaged from behind yet another elongated wall set 2.5ft off the ground. This after having already engaging 3 target arrays of 14 targets. :roflol:

I counted a minimum of 11 rounds, all fired from a single location, unless I am missing something this isnt a legal stage IAW 1.2.1.2

it can be easily "fixed" by declaring it a speed shoot and requiring an order (pp1,pp2, DT1, DT2...reload...). I'm going to set this up for or next club match...looks like fun.

1.2.2.3 “Speed Shoot”-Courses of fire consisting of one continuous string of fire not exceeding

16 rounds shot on one or more arrays of multiple targets from a single location or view. No more

than 8 rounds may be required without a mandatory reload and no more than one mandatory

reload may be required in the course of fire. Stage may be scored either Comstock or Virginia

Count. See Rule 9.2.3.2.