Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 Georgia State Championship

The 2004 Georgia State Championship is scheduled for July 9th and 10th at Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville, GA. We will be giving the folks at South River a break this year as they have conducted the match for the previous three years. In taking the match to Cherokee we have had to alter the format a bit. We are going the half day route this year as we are precluded from shooting on Sunday. Our schedule will allow you to shoot the 9 stage match in its entirety in one of four time slots; Friday AM or PM or Saturday AM or PM. RO's and Juniors shoot for free in this trophy match. The entry fee is $75 (which includes a match T) and I will post the link to the form just as soon as it is available. All the details will be up at

Georgia IPSC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW the people at Glock are very generous to competitors at Georgia matches.

2002 GA State I completely tanked the match & walked away with a certificate for a free Glock. Which is all I've shot since. Random drawing, I think the folks from Smyrna gave away either 4 or 5 of them. :rolleyes:

Paul - Great, looking forward to it!

John - No. We will have a shooters meeting approximately 30 minutes prior to each scheduled session.

Eric - Glock has been a great match sponsor for us. They will donate 1 or 2 pistols then we buy another 1 or 2 for a random draw.

Jon - I know your vote was for October but we sure hope you can make it.

I know it is still 5 months out but spread the word :D

• 4 weeks later...

The entry form is up at Georgia IPSC

Since this is the weekend following the July 4th holiday, many will have the family in tow. If they aren't shooters, let me know if you want any info on things to do in the general area. Both indoor (Mall of Georgia) and outdoor (Lake Lanier Islands) activities abound!

Roger,

YEs, please let me know what else there is to do for family cause it might be the only way I can get to the match is to bring "the gang". Wife is like most everyone else's, loves to shop at malls and see useless tourist crap, ooops, did I say that out loud?

THanks Roger,

Roger,

I'll be there. I hate I missed the 2003 - its sucks when you get hurt and you're old. You just can't heal as fast as you could when you were younger. Anyway, I hope to see you In Anderson in April and Summerville in May. Take care.

Jack

• 1 month later...

OK let's resurrect this one. I have it on good authority that all of Team Shooters Paradise (sans the Grand Poobah) will be in Gainesville on this weekend to tune up for Area 8....Wait, breaking news: is it possible that Mr. Sevigny will be wielding an open gun??? More on these developing stories later...

Be sure to get your entry in. 9 stages = 220 rounds in half a day. 8 of the 9 stages sound something like this: 'Upon start signal, engage targets as they become available.' (the 9th is the classifier!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The stages are up at Cherokee IPSC, look under the match details section. The match book will be going up shortly along with some version of a squad list. All time periods still have availability although Saturday AM is filling the fastest. We have just over 100 entries right now and would like another 75 at least. Send in that paperwork, this will be a fun one :)

Chris,

Do you know if they are sending out registration confirmations? I sent my app in weeks ago requesting Sat am slot but have not heard anything back confirming that I got that slot. Just curious. Thanks.

Jack

We will begin sending out email confirmations during the first couple weeks of June. As we stand right now, All 120 competitors whose entries we have will receive their first choice of time period. Jack, you are set for Saturday morning. There are about 20 spots left for Saturday AM, so hurry if that is what you want. Carlos was pulling the match book together today and we should have it up soon.