Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Michigan Section 2010 - 23rd Michiana Territorial Championship

Damn, that a slick looking shirt. Is it going to be that mess/breathable type material? I might have to dish out the $40 haha... do they run a little big? Or normal size t-shirt?

Mike.

Yes, it's the breathable mesh stuff. Maybe someone from Techwear can give it a real name. I think it's pretty normal sized, I have a couple of them and never though of them as tight or loose.

Sue at techwear did the design. I agree it looks good.

For those of you who haven't had Bruce's BBQ you are in for a treat. You won't walk away hungry - unless that was your intention.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might know I would see this and realize I can make it the day AFTER the price goes up...story of my life.

I just wanted to say we are waiving the late fee! If your application doesn't say late fee waived you can download a new one from the website. Or just make your check out for $85 and not worry about it.

With the match less than a month away the phone is ringing more and the apps are coming in!

We have the stage posted, shirts design, some of the prize table items are listed.

Don't forget to thank our sponsors. They make the match possible.Send them an eMail, better yet buy something from them. You would be surprised how few sponsors actually hear Thank You from the shooters they support.

We could still use a few more certified CRO or RO's. We have a very experienced staff lined up - three Range Masters (two will work as CRO's), a couple more CRO's and a handful of RO's. Scoring assistants range from SWAT Commanders to Marine Corp. Rifle Instructors.

We will be using the palm scoring system. There will be paper back up if the shooter takes the time to fill it out and have the CRO sign it at each stage. Must be filled out when the shooters signs the palm acknowledging their score. Scorers will be instructed not to lookup scores once you leave your COF - the continuity is broken at that point.

I shot your guy's club match this past weekend. Great time, I'm looking forward to this match!

Any word on lead times of getting your password for squadding? I turned in my money/paperwork at the desk on Sunday morning.

Are you guys having prizes for Class winners in addition to division winner?

Mike.

My guess is Paul is just processing applications a couple of times a week. We are pretty busy ordering supplies, painting faultlines, building walls and stuff like that now. We will be having work parties on 9/11, 9/12 and 9/19 for prop building and repair. Hopefully by the 19th we will begin building stages. The week before the match will be busy at BORCC with everything going on with the match and Babes with Bullets camp.

My earlier comments about the scoresheet are incorrect and we will follow this

9.11.2 When electronic scoring is used, once stage scoring is completed, every competitor shall be provided the opportunity to review the PDA or

handheld computer display to review their stage time and score entries. At Level II or higher matches, range officers shall also create a hard

copy record that includes the hit and penalty totals, time, time of day, competitor initials and range officer initials for each stage.

I'm about to book travel arrangements, and it seems like hotels in that area are priced insanely high. The match hotel quoted me $150 a night. Is there a trick to getting a cheap room in the area? I'm happy to drive an hour in any direction if anybody knows a decent hotel at the $70-90 price range. The prices are almost double what I paid to stay in Peoria for the Illinois Sectional last weekend.

I'm about to book travel arrangements, and it seems like hotels in that area are priced insanely high. The match hotel quoted me $150 a night. Is there a trick to getting a cheap room in the area? I'm happy to drive an hour in any direction if anybody knows a decent hotel at the $70-90 price range. The prices are almost double what I paid to stay in Peoria for the Illinois Sectional last weekend.

Check out South Bend. It's not far away.

Is there a match hotel and where are the workers being put up?

Hotel is at exit 23 on I-94 (Michigan), Comfort suites 2633 w. Marquette Woods Rd Stevensville , MI 49127

Comfort Suites

Prizes arrived today from STI International Inc.

Please visit our sponsors - maybe even buy something. Send them an email thanking them for helping to make the match possible.

edited the Hotel info - it is confirmed 8/3/10

Just to clarify, as staff do I need to do anything for lodging or just show up and check in? Thanks.

Hotel is at exit 23 on I-94 (Michigan), Comfort suites 2633 w. Marquette Woods Rd Stevensville , MI 49127

Comfort Suites

Please visit our sponsors - maybe even buy something. Send them an email thanking them for helping to make the match possible.

Just to clarify, as staff do I need to do anything for lodging or just show up and check in? Thanks.

Kevin - the hotel has changed, Comfort Suites sold our rooms - arrrgh.

Niles Inn and Conference Center

930 South 11th Street

Niles MI 49120

269-684-3000

We have been getting $70-100 / night at this facility. I think the weekend is higher.

Paul is handling the registration and Larry ha sthe hotel. I'll ask those guys to contact everyone about their rooms.

For everyone else looking for Hotel rooms try this one. You can also look in Benton Harbor around the Mall (Benton Township)

Edited by MI_Packer

Comfort Suites

930 South 11th Street

Niles MI 49120

269-684-3000

We have been getting $70-100 / night at this facility. I think the weekend is higher.

Paul is handling the registration and Larry ha sthe hotel. I'll ask those guys to contact everyone about their rooms.

For everyone else looking for Hotel rooms try this one. You can also look in Benton Harbor around the Mall (Benton Township)

Are there any other options?

930 South 11th Street

Niles MI 49120

269-684-3000

Just called them. Apparently there is a Notre Dame home game that weekend making all the rates go up in the area. This explains the unusually high prices. This hotel is $99 per night with a 2 night minimum. I think I'm going to look an hour or two north of South Bend and see if the prices go down. That or buy a $75 tent and a $10 campsite.

Edited by Rob D

Holiday Inn in South Haven, MI was $75 for Saturday night on Travelocity. It's an hour north, but I can drive an hour to save that much. It looks like the further you get from South Bend, the cheaper the hotel prices get.

Edited by Rob D