Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger 22/45 Open Class Steel gun

ty34984

Im looking at shooting the open 22 class in steel matches and was looking at the Allchin scope mount for the Ruger 22/45 and have called then (Allchin) for help but no answer phone just rings and rings ...Does anyone have one or know what type of c-more scope mounts on the mount...a slide ride style or the railway mount c more? Thanks for the help

I just ordered one from Shooters Connection 2 weeks ago and installed it last week. I used a spare Slide Ride for the gun and it runs like a top. I am very happy with the mount as it gets the C-more nice and low.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Edited by Bigpops

Hello: The C-More Railway mount will fit the factory Ruger mount. I just tried it on my Ruger 22/45 with my new C-More Railway from Shooters Connection :cheers: Now I just have to sight it in so my sons can shoot it--OK maybe me too :roflol: Thanks, Eric

I've got one mounted on the stock rail. Thre only issue is that if you want to mount the C-More back similar to an Open gun you need to remove the rear sight. Otherwise it rides a bit forward for my liking...but since I use that gun for training with both dot and Irons, I leave it alone.

Running a C More Railway on the Stock Ruger mount. I turned it 180 on the frame, had to drill one hole. That moved the C More closer to the back of the gun. Trimmed the barrel end so it didn't hang over the receiver. Works Great on my Mark 2.

Might check with C More and see what it would cost to put the railway on your scope.

Running a C More Railway on the Stock Ruger mount. I turned it 180 on the frame, had to drill one hole. That moved the C More closer to the back of the gun. Trimmed the barrel end so it didn't hang over the receiver. Works Great on my Mark 2.

Might check with C More and see what it would cost to put the railway on your scope.

Do you have a photo of the C More Railway mounted on your Ruger? I would like to see how it looks.

Thanks

Phil G

Do you have a photo of the C More Railway mounted on your Ruger? I would like to see how it looks.

Thanks

Phil G

Weaver style mount available at www.handgunsports.com Edited by Paul Burtchell

Thanks

Phil G

Weaver style mount available at www.handgunsports.com

Paul - Thank you for the photo.

Phil G

Also, you can buy a rail for a slide ride C-More, I think Shooters Connections have them for $15. The rail just attaches on the bottom. I have one on my 22/45 with the stock rail mount and a slide ride that I purchased the rails for.

Allchin would take the slide ride directly...

Gotta ask this question:

Everyone is talking the C-More on the

steel type .22 guns,right? I just got

a Ruger MKIII- how about the STS on

top with the 7MOA dot? Yes/No/Maybe?

Size, weight ect.

Thank you,

I put an Optima on my Ruger using the mount that replaces the rear sight. I like it a lot, but have never compared it to a C-more. I'm sure the dot is lower on a J point type sight with the sight adapter than a C-more on a rail, but I can't say if that's really a benefit.

I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine.